CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you need planning permission for an aire?

Member Number:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    Would probably need some sort of public liability insurance.
    Correct

Member Number:
    Thank you all for all the info, I will pass this onto him, there is some good reading there, well done all
    Cheers
    D

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    I think the straight forward way is do one as a certificated location with the CCC or the CC and that resolves the issues with planning permission.

You need a wide gate, water tap etc.

I was going to open one as a hobby in Wales.

The big two are not the only exempted organisations that can issue para 5 certificates. They would like you to think, so but MotorCaravanners'Club and another Motorhome forum (group) have the ability.

I know Phil was looking into it for this group.

The local authority is still consulted by the exempted organisation and they need to take on board any issues but the organisation is the one that actually issues the certificate in the end. Highway access is always a major issue.

It is up to the landowner and the exempted organisation to decide who can use the site. The big two insist on membership to use their CLs.

There are only two ways for an individual to open an Aire in this country. Planning Permission or through an exempted club. Local Authorities however don't need either to open one as there is already provisions in The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 for them to do so.
    Last edited by John Thompson; 16-07-2017 at 16:49.
    Likes - gypo, Mick H, trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks - gypo, Tbear, colinmd Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    Would probably need some sort of public liability insurance.you can't do anything in UK without planning permission
    And that is a bigger problem than people think. !!! PLI invariably uses risk assessment so for example and I know personally a site in York and one in Wales no children allowed. The CC members up in arms but the site has a fishing lake no insurer will touch it allowing kids on site so needs to be adult only ...So makes for a very uncomfortable conversation explain to Steve 3 young Tommy cant come on site and that extends to visiting on a day trip. The two sites I mention CC members think the owners are anti children not the case at all.

Lots of places the investment required in the respect of EHU, groundworks for waste disposal make it a non starter.I did a LPG installation to a house in Huddersfield with a bulk tank BG wanted over 6000 you have to sell a lot of camping to cover that and at what price are people prepared to pay ? You don't need lPG to a campsite, but gives an idea th efigures involved with utility companies and a 25 metre run

Channa
    Likes - gypo, trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks - gypo Thanked this person

Member Number:
    So could wild camping affiliate the site?
    Thanks
    D

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    The big two are not the only exempted organisations that can issue para 5 certificates. They would like you to think, so but MotorCaravanners'Club and another Motorhome forum (group) have the ability.

I know Phil was looking into it for this group.

The local authority is still consulted by the exempted organisation and they need to take on board any issues but the organisation is the one that actually issues the certificate in the end. Highway access is always a major issue.

It is up to the landowner and the exempted organisation to decide who can use the site. The big two insist on membership to use their CLs.

There are only two ways for an individual to open an Aire in this country. Planning Permission or through an exempted club. Local Authorities however don't need either to open one as there is already provisions in The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 for them to do so.
    Yes John understood, I thought it would be easier to work with the CCC or CC and more readily accepted by the local authority.

Member Number:
    Got you, thanks. I will pass the info on tonight.
    Cheers
    D

Member Number:
    Well intentioned and I hope your friend makes progress with it, but bear in mind Caravan Club as they used to be called have actively campaigned against aires and wildcamping, in the past.

I was a member years ago, and in their magazine articles on European touring, aires, stellpatz and the like were rarely mentioned. It was all about campsites.

May have changed but I seriously doubt it.

Korky.
    Thanks - gypo Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by korky View Post
    Well intentioned and I hope your friend makes progress with it, but bear in mind Caravan Club as they used to be called have actively campaigned against aires and wildcamping, in the past.

I was a member years ago, and in their magazine articles on European touring, aires, stellpatz and the like were rarely mentioned. It was all about campsites.

May have changed but I seriously doubt it.

Korky.
    Sat in a doctors waiting room a month ago waiting to have needles stuck in etc there was a caravan and camping club magazine Feb this year , could have said CC on the front ....all site site site orientated

Channa

Member Number:
    From comments made on this thread, do I take it that the "Wildcamping" meets, take place without an exemption certificate?

ACCEO, is the place to find information, about obtaining the necessary documentation, for meets, including public liability insurance, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information