CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Do you need planning permission for an aire?

  1. #21

    Member Number
    1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,981
    Location
    Henley-in-Arden
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick H View Post
    From comments made on this thread, do I take it that the "Wildcamping" meets, take place without an exemption certificate?

    ACCEO, is the place to find information, about obtaining the necessary documentation, for meets, including public liability insurance, etc.
    We hold a paragraph 4, 6 + CAMP cert number 430.

    ACCEO is no good to us as we are not a club.

  2. #22

    Member Number
    967
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,187
    Motorhome
    Hymer S700 (1992)
    Please excuse the mention of a rival forum. I mention it as it doesn't tread on the toes of this one in this aspect.

    MotorhomeFun hold a par 5 exemption they also have 2 or 3 CLs set up at present. As WC doesn't hold a para 5 there is on option.

    It is no more difficult for a smaller club to set up a CL than the big ones.

  3. #23

    Member Number
    38814
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,262
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    On the radio yesterday they were discussing camping and pop up campsites where if you have plenty land you can have a campsite 28 days per year without the need for planning permission, but you do need the relevant insurance, he could maybe try this first to see what the local reaction would be

  4. #24

    Member Number
    58274
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    412
    Motorhome
    Elldis

    6 GRAND......HOW Much !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    And that is a bigger problem than people think. !!! PLI invariably uses risk assessment so for example and I know personally a site in York and one in Wales no children allowed. The CC members up in arms but the site has a fishing lake no insurer will touch it allowing kids on site so needs to be adult only ...So makes for a very uncomfortable conversation explain to Steve 3 young Tommy cant come on site and that extends to visiting on a day trip. The two sites I mention CC members think the owners are anti children not the case at all.

    Lots of places the investment required in the respect of EHU, groundworks for waste disposal make it a non starter.I did a LPG installation to a house in Huddersfield with a bulk tank BG wanted over 6000 you have to sell a lot of camping to cover that and at what price are people prepared to pay ? You don't need lPG to a campsite, but gives an idea th efigures involved with utility companies and a 25 metre run

    Channa
    Hire yerself a "Bobcat" ...dig a trench..lob in the leccy n pipe work...a few bricks n cement round an old bog pan and bob's yer uncle !!! There's the minor issue of expertise spose....but hey-ho, have a go....he who dares n all that !! Everything's so expensive coz no-one wants to get outer their pit for less than 100 an hour these days....Maja

  5. #25

    Member Number
    22267
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by maja07 View Post
    Hire yerself a "Bobcat" ...dig a trench..lob in the leccy n pipe work...a few bricks n cement round an old bog pan and bob's yer uncle !!! There's the minor issue of expertise spose....but hey-ho, have a go....he who dares n all that !! Everything's so expensive coz no-one wants to get outer their pit for less than 100 an hour these days....Maja
    That's just what the old boy paid who lives behind my house, one hours gardening 100


  6. #26

    Member Number
    1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,981
    Location
    Henley-in-Arden
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    Please excuse the mention of a rival forum. I mention it as it doesn't tread on the toes of this one in this aspect.

    MotorhomeFun hold a par 5 exemption they also have 2 or 3 CLs set up at present. As WC doesn't hold a para 5 there is on option.

    It is no more difficult for a smaller club to set up a CL than the big ones.
    We have been accepted for a paragraph 5, I just don't want it to start yet.

  7. #27

    Member Number
    22267
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by maja07 View Post
    Hire yerself a "Bobcat" ...dig a trench..lob in the leccy n pipe work...a few bricks n cement round an old bog pan and bob's yer uncle !!! There's the minor issue of expertise spose....but hey-ho, have a go....he who dares n all that !! Everything's so expensive coz no-one wants to get outer their pit for less than 100 an hour these days....Maja
    One of the major expenses is have the electric supply increased by the UK Power Networks

    If I had done it then for me electric hook ups would have been too expensive.


  8. #28

    Member Number
    967
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,187
    Motorhome
    Hymer S700 (1992)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    We have been accepted for a paragraph 5, I just don't want it to start yet.
    Thanks for that info Phil. I wish you well when you decide to go.

  9. #29

    Member Number
    967
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,187
    Motorhome
    Hymer S700 (1992)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    One of the major expenses is have the electric supply increased by the UK Power Networks

    If I had done it then for me electric hook ups would have been too expensive.

    There is no requirement for EHUs. We are a wild camping group so most wold be self contained.

  10. #30
    Pauljenny's Avatar
    Pauljenny is offline INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY
    Name: erm?
    Spouse: Management, ?

    Member Number
    32024
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,424
    Location
    Half way up an East Algarve hillside
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    We hold a paragraph 4, 6 + CAMP cert number 430.

    ACCEO is no good to us as we are not a club.
    We overnight,from time to time, on a golfclub car park..... With permission, of course. We use the bar, toilets and restaurant, even meeting friends there. The club is happy with the business. The golfer's. Bacon rolls are delightful

    Would it be possible,Phil, to contact golf clubs, to ask about the practicality of putting aire- like facilities in for us?

    It would be sensible for us to have to contact the club and pre-book.
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •