CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Caravan/Motorhome Storage

Member Number:

Caravan/Motorhome Storage

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We have a second local council type body here called Heritage Foundation who are a right pain in the bottom and they will Not allow us to park ours on the drive. Camping and Caravan Club charge 650 plus joining fee but I can buy a parking permit for my street and pay 85 for the year instead. They feel it's better to have it parked in a street where my car has been knocked 7 times and then written off
    Likes - Herbenny, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Jac there's a storage place down the A24 near Ashington that we were recommended by Sussex Caravan Centre when we first bought the motorhome. We didn't take it up, so I'm not sure exactly where they are but we were told it costs roughly a pound a day. Few years ago mind. Good luck hun... I'll keep an ear to the ground too.
    Likes - Herbenny liked this post
    Thanks - Herbenny Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverweed View Post
    We have a second local council type body here called Heritage Foundation who are a right pain in the bottom and they will Not allow us to park ours on the drive. Camping and Caravan Club charge 650 plus joining fee but I can buy a parking permit for my street and pay 85 for the year instead. They feel it's better to have it parked in a street where my car has been knocked 7 times and then written off
    Had council man around this aria telling folk only one car caravan boat allowed in drive ,a few words from naughty boys: ninja: and all was forgotten,same as regulations regarding bonfires,council workers or police stay out of the way as dont want to be targeted down the line a bit.,to soft over there you lot.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes - helmit, Herbenny liked this post

Member Number:
    thanks trev.. i was asking as may rent a barn for some classic restorations ..it's bigger than I need and to be honest can't really afford rent.. so thought of giving up a 1/4 of space for storage of others vehicles..
    Likes - Herbenny, trevskoda, Alf liked this post

Member Number:
    Find out which of your local supermarkets employs the parking
    enforcers with the lowest overstaying penalty charge, and dump
    your caravan/motorhome there. Even if you pay the penalty it could
    work out quite cheap and you could always dispute it, (play for time!)
    You'll be able to keep an eye on your 'van and have a quick brew up
    every time you shop.
    Win, win.

Find the address of the nearest car crushing co. first should
    you decide to take up the above scheme.
    Last edited by Byronic; 17-07-2017 at 10:03.
    Likes - trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by john1974 View Post
    thanks trev.. i was asking as may rent a barn for some classic restorations ..it's bigger than I need and to be honest can't really afford rent.. so thought of giving up a 1/4 of space for storage of others vehicles..
    Good thinking batman,i always find when on a share basses some shister has always to be chased for dosh.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes - john1974 liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by john1974 View Post
    Is this resto of yours worth big money, really big. If so I'll rent a bit of space. I won't be storing anything!

You can't be too careful these days
    Likes - john1974 liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverweed View Post
    under what legislation do they claim they have these powers ?
    Likes - Alf liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    under what legislation do they claim they have these powers ?
    Could be, A person's property deeds may contain a 'restrictive covenant' which typically was imposed by the developer who built your house and the houses on your estate generally. The developer will have wanted to stop the estate becoming unsightly - as they considered, and developers still do - that some buyers will not be willing to buy on the estate if caravans and vans can spring up next door to them. Developers need the widest market possible for selling their houses, they cannot afford to put off buyers.

Now for some legal jargon - according to the Land Registry, a restrictive covenant "is a promise by one person to another, (such as a buyer of land and a seller) not to do certain things with land/property. It binds the land and not an individual person and therefore "runs with the land". This means that the covenant continues even when the buyer sells the land on to another person. Restrictive covenants continue to have effect even though they may have been made many years ago and appear to be obsolete."

Last edited by harrow; 17-07-2017 at 17:51.
    Likes - trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Could be, A person's property deeds may contain a 'restrictive covenant' which typically was imposed by the developer who built your house and the houses on your estate generally. The developer will have wanted to stop the estate becoming unsightly - as they considered, and developers still do - that some buyers will not be willing to buy on the estate if caravans and vans can spring up next door to them. Developers need the widest market possible for selling their houses, they cannot afford to put off buyers.

Now for some legal jargon - according to the Land Registry, a restrictive covenant "is a promise by one person to another, (such as a buyer of land and a seller) not to do certain things with land/property. It binds the land and not an individual person and therefore "runs with the land". This means that the covenant continues even when the buyer sells the land on to another person. Restrictive covenants continue to have effect even though they may have been made many years ago and appear to be obsolete."

Just wondering if ireland became as south will we still have to go by these english rules by a absent land owner or like in the south they were all dropped and you own land outright.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes - harrow liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information