CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lpg availability Scotland?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B694

Lpg availability Scotland?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We are fortunate to have an lpg system for cooking etc but have been finding increasing difficult to find the filling stations which stock it.
    I have downloaded several web apps which reckon they have a current list of locations, sadly very incorrect in some cases.
    Does anyone have a recent list covering Scotland in particular?
    We have been very fortunate and stumbled on a few excellent ones, not on any of the lists.
    One of here consideration is ease of access for the bigger MH and often with towcars or trailers.
    All BP ones no longer stock log.
    Jet and Gleaner seem to have at most filling stations. One we found worth a mention was at Tore, just off A9. Excellent facilities and access.
    Slainte, Growlie and Littlepony
    Last edited by Growlie69; 12-08-2017 at 11:59. Reason: Log not log?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducati self build. {not by me}

Lpg

I've found larger Morrisons supermarkets and some Esso stations still have LPG available.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Delphin Performance T821
    Where will you be heading to in Scotland?

I have found a few and marked them on Google Earth with pins.
    My dream job is to be a sound engineer. I don't know why, I just want to - want to.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota
    Try FillLPG - website and Android app ...

I have found this reliable, as have others.

FillLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling station map
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Growlie69 View Post
    We are fortunate to have an lpg system for cooking etc but have been finding increasing difficult to find the filling stations which stock it.
    I have downloaded several web apps which reckon they have a current list of locations, sadly very incorrect in some cases.
    Does anyone have a recent list covering Scotland in particular?
    We have been very fortunate and stumbled on a few excellent ones, not on any of the lists.
    One of here consideration is ease of access for the bigger MH and often with towcars or trailers.
    All BP ones no longer stock log.
    Jet and Gleaner seem to have at most filling stations. One we found worth a mention was at Tore, just off A9. Excellent facilities and access.
    Slainte, Growlie and Littlepony
    Your thread has reminded me to check my gas tomoss when I empty, clean then fill up the van again for my next trip out.
    I have just returned from a 9 day trip to Scotland, no ehu and never used the heating apart from an hour morning and night to get hot water for washing up and showering. The fridge as been on gas 24/7, it will be interesting how much gas I have used. I have a 12kg refillable and filled up before my trip.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    We like to use myLPG.eu - Save money save Earth as it has a last verified date with the details of the station.

Regarding the earlier comment re Morrisons we were refused at Dereham, Norfolk and on another website there was quite a debate about Morrisons policy. Morrisons Dereham showed me a copy of their prohibition but I suspect some of their sites are unaware of this.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducati self build. {not by me}

LPG Morrisons.

Yeah I saw that conversation. Must say I've never had any problems. I usually fill my gas tank first then put 80 worth of diesel in so that might have an effect on their action. 'Tho I don't know how they can tell if your gas tank is for domestic use or the engine as the filler is the same.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by ian81 View Post
    We like to use myLPG.eu - Save money save Earth as it has a last verified date with the details of the station.
    I have found this unreliable in Europe.

FillLPG also has verified filling dates ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Interested to note this but my experience has been different.

It helped me recently to find one at Sabiango in Spain complete with an extremely helpful attendant. For France prixducarburants.gouv.fr generally seems bettter

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    I have found this unreliable in Europe.

FillLPG also has verified filling dates ...
    So does Fill LPG cover Europe? I use it here but will be going to France next month so if it does it'll save me looking for another app.

Regards,
    Del
    I have PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) I'm Positive, I'm Mental and now I have Attitude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information