CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Old Talbot Express 2.5 TD Burstner.

Anyone ?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have broke a hinge on my hab door. Last night I thought I would just order one off the internet. I am all Googled out and could not source one anywhere. I even had to join Motorhome fun so I could look at a photo of someones who had the same problem but alas that was put up in 2009 and the link just brings southerns up and they don't seem to have one. I phoned them and they said they would phone back but I am still waiting. The part is aluminum, it is a four hinge jobby and operates the hab door and flyscreen door. It is off a Rimor 678 superbrig 2006 model. If anyone as got an old one or can put me onto where I can get one to fit my lump of junk I will be very grateful.
    .... Tom ....

P9110031.jpgP9110032.jpgP9110033.jpg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    if it's only that one leaf broken a local welder will fix it for a tenner
    of all the bodily functions that could be contagious
    thank god it's only the yawn
    Likes Tezza33, carol, stonedaddy liked this post

Member Number
    I would ask the campervan builder, where did they source them from ?

On a static caravan I purchased the replacements from the builder, Atlas caravans, also they were the most reasonably priced.

Likes stonedaddy liked this post
    Thanks stonedaddy thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedaddy View Post
    I have broke a hinge on my hab door. Last night I thought I would just order one off the internet. I am all Googled out and could not source one anywhere. I even had to join Motorhome fun so I could look at a photo of someones who had the same problem but alas that was put up in 2009 and the link just brings southerns up and they don't seem to have one. I phoned them and they said they would phone back but I am still waiting. The part is aluminum, it is a four hinge jobby and operates the hab door and flyscreen door. It is off a Rimor 678 superbrig 2006 model. If anyone as got an old one or can put me onto where I can get one to fit my lump of junk I will be very grateful.
    .... Tom ....

Forgot to say, that my originals seized on the centre pin and split the aluminium.

However I thought I was clever using grease on the new replacements, BUT they were too smooth and you had to hold the door tight on a windy day.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Not sure if this is the same Tom, but it is listed for a CI motorhome, click on the image in this link;

caravan-parts sur Facebook | Facebook

I'll keep looking!

(Look at the bloody price though!)
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!
    Likes carol liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    nuevo
    my old Compass Avanteguard used a very similar hinge - possibly identical - a well know parts supplier had them for sale at a very reasonable price but wouldnt sell me one as his courier didnt deliver to NI, I suggested that as the part was neither large or heavy that he could stick it in a padded envelope and post it via royal mail - he told me that he couldnt be bothered taking it to a post box!

Unfortunately this is a common occurance if you live in NI - they either wont send it or will send it and charge you a huge amount even though the postage is no more than it would be to send it to Wales
    Likes alwaysared liked this post

Pauljenny is offline INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY
    Name: erm?
    Spouse: Management, ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Mr O'Leary,at Beverly might help..
    Isn't there a nearby caravan breaker nearby.
    Get yer Google finger out again.
    I'd offer more, but the ferry's just pulling out of Portsmou....
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rimor K Max
    Quote Originally Posted by malagaoth View Post
    my old Compass Avanteguard used a very similar hinge - possibly identical - a well know parts supplier had them for sale at a very reasonable price but wouldnt sell me one as his courier didnt deliver to NI, I suggested that as the part was neither large or heavy that he could stick it in a padded envelope and post it via royal mail - he told me that he couldnt be bothered taking it to a post box!

Unfortunately this is a common occurance if you live in NI - they either wont send it or will send it and charge you a huge amount even though the postage is no more than it would be to send it to Wales
    If that problem crops up again, have it sent to me & I will forward it on to you.
    When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body. Then I was born.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedaddy View Post
    .... Tom ....

Looks like a job for super
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nailing pipe @ 5G. :-)
    Likes ian1950, stonedaddy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rimor Duerre
    When you said "southerns", did you mean SOUTHDOWNS at Portsmouth? If not, give them a go. Always found them helpful for Rimor bits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information