Member Number

I see 1p mobile are doing a mifi device

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) 4G/LTE - 1pMobile

50 which includes 10 top up

Alcatel LinkZone
    Wi-Fi on the go
    Stay connected at high speeds wherever you go with the Alcatel LINKZONE mobile Wi-Fi device. Its compact and lightweight design means you can take it with you and get things done while you're on the go. Manage LINKZONE with the dedicated Web UI and connect up to 15 devices simultaneously to be productive your entire working day.

Likes shawbags, trevskoda, RoadTrek Boy liked this post
    Thanks shawbags, Moonraker 2 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Transporter
    Ok im not up on these portable Wifi gadgets , am I right in thinking that everything on this gadget is a penny a minute of so that seems cheap am I right ? , I look through all the different ones and it's a bit of a mine field to me .

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by shawbags View Post
    Ok im not up on these portable Wifi gadgets , am I right in thinking that everything on this gadget is a penny a minute of so that seems cheap am I right ? , I look through all the different ones and it's a bit of a mine field to me .
    Correct 1p a MB

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Transporter
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Correct 1p a MB
    So compared to others is that cheap ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Transporter
    It seems it to me as it's only pay for what you use. It's great to have it there for emergencies or every now and then use when you are away traveling or for full time campervan living as you can use , McDonalds and other free wifi spots for long term use , cheers for that 👍

Member Number
    Well thats right,

it's PAYG so it's up to you how much you use,

I think you have to top up a minimum of 10,

3 times a year.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640

I make that 10 per gb. So it's not that cheap really. I've been using 2-4gb a month on this current trip in Europe and I just renegotiated with Vodafone for my sim only phone contract and got 4gb of data, unlimited calls and texts for 13.50 a month. They allow tethering as well so I can just use my phone as a hotspot if I need to. I don't that often though as these days it's really easy to gobble up data.
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    I make that 10 per gb. So it's not that cheap really. I've been using 2-4gb a month on this current trip in Europe and I just renegotiated with Vodafone for my sim only phone contract and got 4gb of data, unlimited calls and texts for 13.50 a month. They allow tethering as well so I can just use my phone as a hotspot if I need to. I don't that often though as these days it's really easy to gobble up data.
    14 a month and 12Gb tethering and unlimited calls and texts Plans for phones | Unlimited data plans | Three

But if you are not a heavy user 1p mobile may make sense.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    I use 1pmobile on my phone and it is great. By far the cheapest, and the coverage is superb (it uses EE). You do have to top up every 120 days, but the credit lasts forever. And you get VAT invoices - the only PAYG that issues them. We use them for all our mobile phones, but not for GPS trackers - they're better on asdamobile.

However, if you use a lot of data, 1p per megabit is not cheap. Even 1pmobile's 30 day data bundles are not specially good value. For data, I use a MiFi on an EE contract, though it is through a reseller, not direct from EE, so it's a bit cheaper.

That mifi unit looks OK, but personally I'd choose one with at least one external antenna connection.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I mentioned ip mobile a few weeks back when i got my kids a mobile each,the service is good and all depends how you use it.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes harrow liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information