CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Rear suspension air assist

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner t686

Rear suspension air assist

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi don't know if this is the right forum but will post it here and be advised . I have just had rear air assist fitted to my burstner t686s rear suspension and the difference I felt as soon as I drove from the garage was excellent. I bought the kit + double gauges from markle Leisure and had it fitted by Brian Lees at his Harbour garage at Prestonpans. If there is anyone around the lothians thinking of having this done but doesn't want to tackle the fitting themselves then I can thoroughly recommend Brian Lees. They did a first class job to a very high standard and did all the checks before handing van back. Also their cost was very very resonable taking just four hours from start to finish. Including fitting the compressor. I had been quoted in excess £1250 for supply and fitting for this job but only paid £950 and no 2-3 hours driving to garage to have it fitted. Really pleased so thought I'd pass it on for anyone else toying with having this done. Again the difference in handling/steering/overall stability vastly improved. If any more info required please pm me and I'll try to help. George
    Likes 2cv, jacquigem liked this post
    Thanks delicagirl, Silver sprinter thanked for this post

The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Thanks for putting the post up it might be of use to a member in the lothians,I have air on the rear of my hymer but donít use it since I fitted heavy duty springs a year ago but it does make a huge difference to drive and stability to the van ,even in windy situations or windy roads.
    Thanks again for posting

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Adria
    for last 5 years mine been leaking on and off. I will never have them again....nothing but a pain.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    Release some air and pump up with puncture sealant to the correct pressure

Alf

Quote Originally Posted by MidAgeTraveller View Post
    for last 5 years mine been leaking on and off. I will never have them again....nothing but a pain.
    Likes Admin, ian1950, Tezza33, shadowdancer liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome CI Mizar.
    Worked for me, after using tyre sealer the suspension stays up for over a month before it needs a wee top up
    Likes Alf, pamjon, The laird liked this post
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Thread Information