CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Camp A Month 2018 Challenge

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2012 Globecar Campscout RD, on Fiat 2.3 Multijet 130

Weekend Outing 13-15 Apr

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    4/4 - Weather supposed to be improving this week end so we bit the bullet (and winds) and stopped overnight to see the surf at Aberdeen Beach; turned out nice on Sat & Sun so we stopped for 2 nights; the surfers had a great time and it really thumped in on the headland walls. Got back home late Sun evening to sort out the chaos at home before work again today. Just one of those 'on the spur of the moment' trips that seemed to go so well, apart of running out of gas during the night, but not too cold enough to worry about and sorted in the morning!!

Forecast for next week looks promising, we may try to have a quick scoot around the Summer Isles if family commitments allow.

20180413AbdnEspl.jpg
    No-one's ever really traveled anywhere until they get back home
    Likes Alnwickist, suneye liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Aviano

Love to join the challenge

Hello All
    Only bought our van in February so can't get the full 12/12.
    However, we did 2 free pub car park stops in February, lovely one right by the canal in Stoke Bruerne mid Feb.
    In March i did 2 nights staying in Port Solent, not exciting but close to home and very quiet.
    I wanted to stay on the seafront by Titchfield Haven but no overnight signs state use of number plate recognition...
    Last Thursday we parked up on Southsea sea front and had a great evening laughing with friends who live nearby over dinner and cards.
    This is a great challenge and we will certainly be aiming to do a lot more as we get used it and kitted out.

Parked at Port Solent - View from Portchester Castle.jpgCanal side at Stoke Breurne.jpgParked at Southsea seafront.jpg

I love some of the photos in this thread and great locations others have posted and look forward to being more adventurous when we can.
    Likes Alnwickist, suneye, brucews, JohnClimber liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Minivan
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteabix View Post
    Hello All
    Only bought our van in February so can't get the full 12/12.
    However, we did 2 free pub car park stops in February, lovely one right by the canal in Stoke Bruerne mid Feb.
    In March i did 2 nights staying in Port Solent, not exciting but close to home and very quiet.
    I wanted to stay on the seafront by Titchfield Haven but no overnight signs state use of number plate recognition...
    Last Thursday we parked up on Southsea sea front and had a great evening laughing with friends who live nearby over dinner and cards.
    This is a great challenge and we will certainly be aiming to do a lot more as we get used it and kitted out.

Parked at Port Solent - View from Portchester Castle.jpgCanal side at Stoke Breurne.jpgParked at Southsea seafront.jpg

I love some of the photos in this thread and great locations others have posted and look forward to being more adventurous when we can.
    You could always get your 01/01 in 2018! :-D xA

Member Number
    Motorhome
    LWB Transit MK6
    Nice van! Thanks for joining us.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2012 Globecar Campscout RD, on Fiat 2.3 Multijet 130
    Peteabix, welcome to the 'challenge', like the speed camera sign on top of the van!!
    No-one's ever really traveled anywhere until they get back home
    Likes Alnwickist liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Aviano
    Quote Originally Posted by brucews View Post
    Peteabix, welcome to the 'challenge', like the speed camera sign on top of the van!!
    He He, i didn't notice the sign but it won't matter at the speed i drive!
    Likes Alnwickist liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Minivan

Simonside, Rothbury, Northumberland 04/04

What a difference a month makes! GLORIOUS evening and morning - was getting a bit miserable vancamping in sub-zero temps. My van is so small it makes for a long, dull night if can't sit outside in the evening and morning...

The Forestry Commission car park at Simonside is on the POI map, but there are signs all over saying 'No camping'. However, I didn't see anything re no overnight parking, and the No Camping signs had pictures of tents on them, so....

Took a friend with me this time. Small travel cage, but lots of raptors in the area so didn't want to risk him on his harness - could have made for a horrible trip, though a nice, tasty South American snack for a local hawk.

A very local stopover for me, this. Wanted to be able to get home easily if the boyo decided van camping wasn't for him. Luckily, he seemed to enjoy it, particularly at dusk and then again during the dawn chorus. He particularly liked shouting at the woodpeckers and cuckoos. xA

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9687.jpg IMG_9688.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg IMG_9680.jpg
    Likes suneye, Herman, Silver sprinter liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    I was heading for CR Rothbury last year and was doing fine up that narrow road until I came across a car in the ditch. I had a try at getting past him but nearly ended up in the ditch myself.

It's not easy reversing an 8.2 metre Tag axle motorhome for hundreds of yards back to the main road.

I found a layby up the hill on the road back to Rothbury.
    Likes Alnwickist, JohnClimber liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Minivan
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    I was heading for CR Rothbury last year and was doing fine up that narrow road until I came across a car in the ditch. I had a try at getting past him but nearly ended up in the ditch myself.

It's not easy reversing an 8.2 metre Tag axle motorhome for hundreds of yards back to the main road.

I found a layby up the hill on the road back to Rothbury.
    You're pretty much describing every road around here! Def not suitable for the Big Guys, unless you're a timber lorry. ;-D xA
    Likes maingate liked this post

Nabsim is online now Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    At last we are on the table

Stopped on a lay-by near Leven which isnít far from Bridlington. It wasnít our intended stop but it turned out the two we had short listed were local dogging sites and Caz wasnít comfortable. Especially as we were sat having a brew and cars coming in were turning round to face us (no screen up at the time). Caz said they thought we were the floor show haha.

Anyway thatís one down 👍
    Likes Alnwickist, JohnClimber liked this post

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information