CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miner blip. I hope Fiat ducato 2008

Member Number
    Motorhome
    comes in march/april

Miner blip. I hope Fiat ducato 2008

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    It's been parked up at my house for 2 weeks and I have been doing bits of jobs camera, telly and a few other things, this morning the battery was flatish, it's been pluged in ehu most days, the leasure batteries seem ok. Should it charge the main battery as well. Also I attached my charger to the jump start Earth and the + on the fuse box. It's put some charge into the battery but now the day time driving lights come on and only go off when I disconnect the charger, any help please

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    It is the way they are wired in they come on when the engine is running from the charge of the alternator, so by putting the battery charger on they think the engine is running, this is why they have to be wired differently if you have solar panels fitted because they will keep coming on
    Thanks Abiteachuck, jagmanx thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson/Fiat
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    It is the way they are wired in they come on when the engine is running from the charge of the alternator, so by putting the battery charger on they think the engine is running, this is why they have to be wired differently if you have solar panels fitted because they will keep coming on
    Not so, sidelights and headlights only come on when the ignition switch is turned on if the main light switch is on. Attaching solar panel or a charger should have no effect.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by Scampi30 View Post
    Not so, sidelights and headlights only come on when the ignition switch is turned on if the main light switch is on. Attaching solar panel or a charger should have no effect.
    Read the OP again he said his day light running lights, no mention of side lights or head lights, I have a set of drl,s here ready to fit and on reading the instructions, they wire to the battery and come on when the engine is running, and dimm when main lights are switched on, but explains that if fitting to a motorhome with solar charging then there is a different wiring diagram, as they will come on with the solar charging
    Likes Abiteachuck liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Don't know if the OP's DRL's are OEM. I wouldn't expect OEM lights to be effected by solar, can see how aftermarket ones are though.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    I would guess that as the battery charger puts them on and they go off again when the battery charger is disconnected, that they are after market.
    Likes Abiteachuck liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson/Fiat
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    Read the OP again he said his day light running lights, no mention of side lights or head lights, I have a set of drl,s here ready to fit and on reading the instructions, they wire to the battery and come on when the engine is running, and dimm when main lights are switched on, but explains that if fitting to a motorhome with solar charging then there is a different wiring diagram, as they will come on with the solar charging
    You are right but drl,s should only come on when driving generally when the hand brake is released. So suggest faulty wiring.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Anyway back to OP.
    The van is described as a Fiat ducato 2008, this is not a motorhome it is a base vehicle, whether it charges both batteries would depend on the conversion, if it's a known make then post that and somebody might know if the charger does both, if it's a homebuilt then it's anyones guess as to how it's wired.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by Scampi30 View Post
    You are right but drl,s should only come on when driving generally when the hand brake is released. So suggest faulty wiring.
    Here are photos of fitting instructions for ledcom aftermarket drl,s
    32907E62-B804-4482-9EEE-264921E5EEEC.jpg 49B6D96B-E4D5-451A-8D50-3E44FC3735BF.jpg
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    comes in march/april
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    Anyway back to OP.
    The van is described as a Fiat ducato 2008, this is not a motorhome it is a base vehicle, whether it charges both batteries would depend on the conversion, if it's a known make then post that and somebody might know if the charger does both, if it's a homebuilt then it's anyones guess as to how it's wired.
    thanks for the replies the campervan is a Synergy, the lights might have been fitted by them iam not sure, but the camper is fitted with 2 solar panels and they don't come on when its parked up and they are charging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information