CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Diesel air Heater

  1. #1

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,241
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL

    Diesel air Heater



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Has anyone tried one of these Chinese heaters yet. If so how has it been. Not necessarily the5kw one. Thinking of one as a garage heater.
    If you haven't any direct experience with them don't bother with the chinky crap, get what you pay for comments please.

    2017 Air Diesel Heater Planar 5kW 12V 4 Holes For Trucks Motor-Homes Boats Bus | eBay
    Likes Alf, watchthis liked this post

  2. #2

    Member Number
    40063
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,398
    You may have noticed, but that guy has zero feedback.
    Thanks Fazerloz thanked for this post

  3. #3

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,241
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by st3v3 View Post
    You may have noticed, but that guy has zero feedback.
    Thanks Steve I had. Others are available some a little dearer some a little cheaper.

  4. #4

    Member Number
    16509
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,964
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    having taken apart a few ''real'' ones, i can just see someone getting tooled up to copy, or even improve on the rather pricey originals. and if you're going to that much trouble, why not make a good job of it and grab the market?

    Planar diesel heater, from Russia, like Eberspacher - anyone used one?
    of all the bodily functions that could be contagious
    thank god it's only the yawn
    Thanks Fazerloz thanked for this post

  5. #5

    Member Number
    60568
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    992
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Ref the price, it is probable that you will have to add on VAT, Import Duty and Handling Charges on top as it is above the 100 threshold that is usually used. Just something to bear in mind ....

    Having said that, if it works as well as the original, it is a very good deal
    VW LT Camperbus Build Blog.- https://www.facebook.com/Wildebus

  6. #6

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,241
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Ref the price, it is probable that you will have to add on VAT, Import Duty and Handling Charges on top as it is above the 100 threshold that is usually used. Just something to bear in mind ....

    Having said that, if it works as well as the original, it is a very good deal
    I thought so too, and I am struggling to find anything negative about them other than some say they use a little more electric. Which is of no interest to my application.

  7. #7

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,241
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    having taken apart a few ''real'' ones, i can just see someone getting tooled up to copy, or even improve on the rather pricey originals. and if you're going to that much trouble, why not make a good job of it and grab the market?

    Planar diesel heater, from Russia, like Eberspacher - anyone used one?
    Cheers Nigel, Not much negative to be of any concern on that link really.

  8. #8

    Member Number
    60568
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    992
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    I fitted an eber D2 (2Kw) in my T5 and was very pleased with it. I was planning on fitting the same in my new and much larger LT in the next couple of months, but having seen this it is making me think.....

    I see the guy on the boat forum is a uk dist of an similar unit - I wonder what his price his? getting shipped from UK would be worth paying around an extra 70 or so I am sure.
    VW LT Camperbus Build Blog.- https://www.facebook.com/Wildebus

  9. #9

    Member Number
    60568
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    992
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    UK Supplier ...

    2Kw Model
    legal info - 2kW Diesel air heater - 495 inc VAT

    4Kw Model
    legal info - 4kW Diesel air heater - 550 inc VAT

    The typical best price for an Eberspacher D2 Airtronic with 801 Controller is 605 with Exhaust Silencer (PF Jones)


    I'm not sure 100 is a big enough saving?
    I'd be more inclined to take a punt on a 185 eBay unit with around 70 in Duties, Handling and VAT on top than an extra 300 on top of that for the luxury of a UK supplied unit of apparently similar spec
    VW LT Camperbus Build Blog.- https://www.facebook.com/Wildebus

  10. #10

    Member Number
    22267
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these Chinese heaters yet. If so how has it been. Not necessarily the5kw one. Thinking of one as a garage heater.
    If you haven't any direct experience with them don't bother with the chinky crap, get what you pay for comments please.

    2017 Air Diesel Heater Planar 5kW 12V 4 Holes For Trucks Motor-Homes Boats Bus | eBay
    Clever people the Chinese, if they can copy it, they will.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •