CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: replacement batteries

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B564 Lionheart

replacement batteries

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Having had our leisure batteries for just under 5 years they are no longer holding much charge. We use 4 x 75amp with 2 x 100 solar panels. They hold enough for lights and fan in heating but my husband won't be told and had plugged the tv into the inverter a couple of times last week which killed every thing half way through James Bond. The question is should I buy cheap knowing the probably will have a shorter life or go expensive
    Likes hulio liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    Change the tv for a 12 volt tv, as the inverter will use a lot more power, we only have one 75 amp battery and a 100 watt solar and have never run out of power, we did change the lighting to led which will help,
    And my leisure battery is the original 7.5 years old
    Likes yorkslass, groyne, trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks silverweed thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

batteries

Quote Originally Posted by silverweed View Post
    Having had our leisure batteries for just under 5 years they are no longer holding much charge. We use 4 x 75amp with 2 x 100 solar panels. They hold enough for lights and fan in heating but my husband won't be told and had plugged the tv into the inverter a couple of times last week which killed every thing half way through James Bond. The question is should I buy cheap knowing the probably will have a shorter life or go expensive
    i always look in halfords first some times you get a good deal first worth a look they fitted mine free so try before you buy regards pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Just been trying to work out the age of our batteries and I think they must be 7+ years old. They are no maintenance lead acid. I think the main thing is to not discharge them to a dangerously low level. I have been reading up recently and there are some normal lead acid ones which sound very good. I think they are Bosch. Trev mentioned them a while ago, and a company who repair chargers recommend them too. From memory I think they are around the 90 mark.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Halfords dome tent 15
    If you can fit them in I would personally go for a Pair of Trojan t105's
    Phil did post up a really good battery comparison and for cost and performance the Trojan batteries are probably the best although obviously not the cheapest.
    Likes Edina liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B564 Lionheart
    The tv is 12v but have not been able to use it as such until recently as the lead was not long enough. The 12v socket I now use still comes from leisure and not engine battery.
    I have all led lights apart from strip light and I don't use that one
    The batteries have to be 75amp as 2 fit side by side under each from seat
    Bosch sounds good but st 90 each that makes a total of 360. I have seen 4 for 150 so I was thinking that even if they don't last as long it hasn't been a huge expense. The ones we have cost 200 5 years ago. I know they should not be dragged down excessively but what do you do when others in the van feel they know better

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 814
    I'm starting from scratch.I did post asking about batteries myself,and after much dilema which to choose for the system I'm wanting,I'm going to go with either Trojan/Leoch,semi-traction or Crown,all of which are 6v batteries..probably 4 of which ever I decide upon...
    Still contemplating that one...lol
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    Just been trying to work out the age of our batteries and I think they must be 7+ years old. They are no maintenance lead acid. I think the main thing is to not discharge them to a dangerously low level. I have been reading up recently and there are some normal lead acid ones which sound very good. I think they are Bosch. Trev mentioned them a while ago, and a company who repair chargers recommend them too. From memory I think they are around the 90 mark.
    Bosch or varta silver s5 but i think they have a new number now,these have a silved frame which does not crumble and will last 5 years before any drop of in current.,think around 100 maybe less,dont buy in halfords but go to a battery store in overhauls/dirty hands and you will get trade prices.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes yorkslass, ironman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    The tv is 12v but have not been able to use it as such until recently as the lead was not long enough. The 12v socket I now use still comes from leisure and not engine battery.
    I have all led lights apart from strip light and I don't use that one
    The batteries have to be 75amp as 2 fit side by side under each from seat
    Bosch sounds good but st 90 each that makes a total of 360. I have seen 4 for 150 so I was thinking that even if they don't last as long it hasn't been a huge expense. The ones we have cost 200 5 years ago. I know they should not be dragged down excessively but what do you do when others in the van feel they know better
    Take the starter guts from strip light and replace with led unit.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes silverweed liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Argos 747-2
    Don't forget you can get a 15% online discount from Alpha Batteries for being a Wild Camping Member. I ordered a replacement battery for my car from them about a month ago and it was delivered to me in Scotland in less than 24 hours.
    Likes Robmac, karakachan liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information