CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growler alarm system

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544

Growler alarm system

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I’m thinking about getting the growler alarm system from van Bitz in Taunton . On paper it looks the dogs bits. But at £1k it’s a lot money. Does anybody on here have or had one fitted and if so....was it worth that sort of money?
    The less you want the more you live .
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 207D
    Here's my growler alarm,works a treat...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    668,the neighbour of the beast.
    Thanks peter palance, harrow thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Rio 340
    Yes, we have it. It's very loud when activated and thus difficult to ignore like most car alarms. It has lifetime guarantee and has a useful feature it that you can turn off the internal sensors so you can set the alarm and remain inside. If you join Motorhome Fun you can get a 10% discount.
    www.maritimephotographic.co.uk
    www.360cities.net/profile/gary-davies
    Thanks Tezza thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Globescout PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    Iím thinking about getting the growler alarm system from van Bitz in Taunton . On paper it looks the dogs bits. But at £1k itís a lot money. Does anybody on here have or had one fitted and if so....was it worth that sort of money?
    I've got the Growler,but whether any alarm is worth it is a moot point. mine has never been put to the test.

A van with plastic windows like mine is very easy to break into and the internal sirens do make it very uncomfortable to be inside the van.

You can turn off the internal sirens when arming the alarm before retiring for the night, just leaving the external sirens live.

When armed the van has several bright blue flashing led's to warn miscreants and I believe now has a dimmer fitted to be a little more sociable to your neighbours on a campsite for instance as the led's are very bright.
    I particularly like the external alarm loop that goes through my bikes on the rack. They're chained to the towbar as well.

I work on the theory that if you have other vans nearby with no apparent alarms fitted(a common occurrence) then the thieves will target them.
    It is not something I worry about but I do take stock of my surroundings before parking up.

If I had a new van I would have another Growler.

Korky.
    Likes peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    My van also has a Growler. It has sensors on all the doors, lockers and the garage. It also has an internal sensor that you can turn off at night. If someone does come in through the window, the internal sensors will catch them.
    Likes Alf, peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Challenger Genesis 398eb
    We had the growler fitted last June and to us it is well worth it money well spent if your van is 65K We used to be afraid to park and leave it anywhere but now have full confidence with the Growler and sleep well with externals set. The external loop is also very useful. Great support and aftersales from Vanbitz.
    Mick
    I got too old soon, and too late smart !
    Likes Alf, peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    The main reason I was looking at it was when we eventually have a box made for the back ( seems that nobody needs the work at the moment )our 2 folding bikes would be in there all the times so I liked the fact that the loop system could be used to protect them as well.
    The less you want the more you live .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    Had it both two previous vans but not the current one. Great system, very reliable, does what it says. If you want an alarm I would recommend it.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    Had it both two previous vans but not the current one. Great system, very reliable, does what it says. If you want an alarm I would recommend it.
    I have one too. It provides peace of mine when wilding at night. It is also very effective at scattering religious zealots and causing them to drop all their literature if you press the panic button whilst they are walking up your driveway

One criticism of alarms that I often see is that they are ignored by almost everyone. However, having had the Growler activate whilst driving through Dieppe in the early hours of the morning due to a fault of my own making (I had unknowingly disturbed one of the wiring connectors whilst fiddling about behind the dashboard a week or so earlier, causing a short circuit which activated the sirens) I can vouch for the intensity of five sirens reverberating off of surrounding buildings, and the response of two police cars within a matter of minutes.

Whilst it won't physically stop a thief from entering the van, if not put off by the warning LEDs and window stickers, I doubt that they would want to hang around inside for too long, owing to the volume of the internal sirens.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Here's my growler alarm,works a treat...
    And that's my sort of growler !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information