CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vpn not working

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb

Vpn not working

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I've got IPVanishVPN, set the server to London but iplayer still not allowing access. Anyone any ideas why? I'm on an Aire with great wifi and was hoping to download a few programmes tonight. I've messaged the support centre but doubt they'll get back in time. Any ideas welcome!

Member Number
    Download the opera browser,

VPN is built in.

Likes trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks carol thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    BBC are getting wise to VPN usage now and blocking IPs from VPN providers. Could be that. Keep trying it and it might start to work if the provider releases a new IP. I presume its for watching stuff thats been on as there are a few sites for live TV that you dont need a VPN for such as TV Catchup.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin 640 SLX

VPN vanish and bbcc iplayer

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    I've got IPVanishVPN, set the server to London but iplayer still not allowing access. Anyone any ideas why? I'm on an Aire with great wifi and was hoping to download a few programmes tonight. I've messaged the support centre but doubt they'll get back in time. Any ideas welcome!
    Try connecting to either of these two servers from Belfast and London. BBC iPlayer should work.

bfs-c03.ipvanish.com
    lon-a20.ipvanish.com

To search for an specific server, just go to Server List> List> Type in the Keyword "Belfast"> Click the number of server available> then look for the server I've suggested and then click connect.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Those are the same as a tor web browser i use in linux,but as it rolls the ip address every 10 seconds some sites are on to this and will not open unless you run a static ip from your zone,ebay is one in mind.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Those are the same as a tor web browser i use in linux,but as it rolls the ip athddress every 10 seconds some sites are on to this and will not open unless you run a static ip from your zone,ebay is one in mind.
    Thanks, Trev. I'm obviously out of my depth here! I used a vpn in Spain a couple of years ago and it worked a treat for downloading iPlayer. I knew about the BBC getting round the vpn thing but thought the vpn companies had got round the BBC! Pity cos I've got really good wifi for the night ...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    BBC are getting wise to VPN usage now and blocking IPs from VPN providers. Could be that. Keep trying it and it might start to work if the provider releases a new IP. I presume its for watching stuff thats been on as there are a few sites for live TV that you dont need a VPN for such as TV Catchup.
    Hi Barry, thanks. Yes got on to that straight away. How does that work then i.e. Why doesn't the BBC stop access? It's great as I've got wifi tonight but probably won't have for a while so was hoping to download some programmes from iPlayer.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanand2dogs View Post
    Try connecting to either of these two servers from Belfast and London. BBC iPlayer should work.

bfs-c03.ipvanish.com
    lon-a20.ipvanish.com

To search for an specific server, just go to Server List> List> Type in the Keyword "Belfast"> Click the number of server available> then look for the server I've suggested and then click connect.
    Thanks, tried the servers you suggested but still couldn't access. If it's the BBC preventing me, so be it, but I just want to be sure there's nothing I'm doing/not doing. Thought I'd have a good run for my money with the wifi on this paid Aire!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Defleffs Summer

VPN and settings

It didn't work when I tried, they advised me to

Switch off location
    and
    Clear cache

Then worked perfectly.

( Don't worry if you try to use it in the UK and it doesn't work, this sometimes happens but is perfect once you cross the channel. )

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Sleeper Symbol
    Just switch off your VPN whilst you are accessing iplayer I had problems using it until I switched off my VPN.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information