The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it

Petrol motorhomes?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Been listening to a fair amount of people talking about petrol engines coming back into the fold more and more.
    Jeromy Vine had a programme on radio the other week about diesels being dirty and talking again about petrol engines .
    ARE WE ABOUT TO SEE MORE PETROL POWERED MOTORHOMES COMING BACK INTO PRODUCTION?
    What would you do if you were going to renew your van ? Would you even consider a petrol variant?
    Likes peter palance liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    Never!! Diesels are so much more reliable and produce the torque required to drag a shed around behind. So many diesel cars will be disappearing off the road in years to come,I doubt a niche vehicle like the MH is going to have much effect on the environment. The next logical step from diesel must be electric imo,going to a petrol would just be a backward step.
    668,the neighbour of the beast.
    Likes time4t, peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    As long as LPG is readily available, it could be an option. Lots of American RV are petrol. My next van will be much smaller, so I would say yes, I would consider petrol.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Talisman
    Quote Originally Posted by The laird View Post
    Would you even consider a petrol variant?
    Hello Gogs,
    I thought long and hard and I opted the LPG route, the only problem I could see there was how big can I get the tanks.

Rae & Ann
    Oh the posh posh travelling life, the travelling life for me.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Might be ok for smaller stuff but as soon as you go over 3t youíll need a hell of a powerful petrol engine to pull it along the road and thatís when economy goes out the window when you get to 3000cc and the gearing torque is different for a commercial or mh pulling all the time the gov will lead us all to petrol and five year later start the same **** as theyíve done with diesel and tell us to go electric think ide stick with diesel for now especially with the euro 6 engines and there maybe somthing round the corner thatíll make diesels greener like new exhaust systems
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes time4t, peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    I think that hybrids may be an interim until electric takes over. The trouble is that motorhomes are very weight critical, and batteries tend to be relatively heavy.
    2CV
    Likes time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by The laird View Post
    Been listening to a fair amount of people talking about petrol engines coming back into the fold more and more.
    Jeromy Vine had a programme on radio the other week about diesels being dirty and talking again about petrol engines .
    ARE WE ABOUT TO SEE MORE PETROL POWERED MOTORHOMES COMING BACK INTO PRODUCTION?
    What would you do if you were going to renew your van ? Would you even consider a petrol variant?
    VW dropped the Petrol engined Transporter years ago for the UK Market (available elsewhere always though) but have recently introduced it due to demand
    I changed my diesel car to a petrol last July as fed up with the higher running costs and complexity of the diesel and would certainly consider a modern petrol powered camper.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes alwaysared liked this post

Member Number
    If you live in a LEZ then you have to consider changing to petrol or buying a euro 6 diesel.

There are more and more LEZ's springing up, here and abroad.

It is not worth buying a dirty diesel.

Likes trevskoda, alwaysared, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Have a look Manufacturers Websites in the USA at 3.5 ton delivery vans and the petrol engines that are available already in Transits etc, The Dodge Ram Cargo standard engine is petrol a 3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT engine its basically a Fiat Ducacto. 2017 Ram ProMaster(R) - Multi Purpose Work or Cargo Van If diesels get banned or priced off the road what other options do you have if you want to have a MH. I would have petrol now if they were easier to find.
    Thanks StreetSleeper thanked for this post

The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    Have a look Manufacturers Websites in the USA at 3.5 ton delivery vans and the petrol engines that are available already in Transits etc, The Dodge Ram Cargo standard engine is petrol a 3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT engine its basically a Fiat Ducacto. 2017 Ram ProMaster(R) - Multi Purpose Work or Cargo Van If diesels get banned or priced off the road what other options do you have if you want to have a MH. I would have petrol now if they were easier to find.
    How very interesting!
    Likes Fazerloz, peter palance liked this post

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information