CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable seats in habitation

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500

Comfortable seats in habitation

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi - my Delica has very "upright-vertical-horizontal" deep foam seating either side of my dining table/lounge (when table is removed). It is not fabulously comfortable for lounging in because of the upright back. ~i have a satisfactory method of putting my feet up, which helps for reading in the evening, but, the Vertical back...... mmm ... i have devised all sorts of angular supportive bits n bobs to try to "angleise" my back support.... a sausage type long cushion at bum level / a pilates blue rubber ball at mid back level / a variety of cushions at the back and at the side of my thighs for arm-supports... but i have not quite cracked the final design for real comfort.

Lockers are underneath all the seating and so there's a flat hard board under the foam to protect the batteries/water tank etc etc.

i have more space upwards from the seats if that helps those clever designers who hang round here to come up with a new angle on this...... (sorry re pun just could not resist!)

Has anyone else had a go at this type of internal chair re-design - or do i just need another 50k+ for a new van ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis Autoquest...we love it �&#

Similar

Hi, we have similar issues....need cushions to relax in hab area....Maja
    Thanks delicagirl thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    Hi - my Delica has very "upright-vertical-horizontal" deep foam seating either side of my dining table/lounge (when table is removed). It is not fabulously comfortable for lounging in because of the upright back. ~i have a satisfactory method of putting my feet up, which helps for reading in the evening, but, the Vertical back...... mmm ... i have devised all sorts of angular supportive bits n bobs to try to "angleise" my back support.... a sausage type long cushion at bum level / a pilates blue rubber ball at mid back level / a variety of cushions at the back and at the side of my thighs for arm-supports... but i have not quite cracked the final design for real comfort.

Lockers are underneath all the seating and so there's a flat hard board under the foam to protect the batteries/water tank etc etc.

i have more space upwards from the seats if that helps those clever designers who hang round here to come up with a new angle on this...... (sorry re pun just could not resist!)

Has anyone else had a go at this type of internal chair re-design - or do i just need another 50k+ for a new van ?
    I was watching various youtubers in last couple of days mooching around brand new vans at the NEC and I was actually thinking that just about every seat in the various lounge areas looked uncomfortable for exactly the same reason yours are not comfortable, so save your money!
    I tend to put a cushion or two to support and push my lower back out a bit to make it more comfy
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    I was watching various youtubers in last couple of days mooching around brand new vans at the NEC and I was actually thinking that just about every seat in the various lounge areas looked uncomfortable for exactly the same reason yours are not comfortable, so save your money!
    I tend to put a cushion or two to support and push my lower back out a bit to make it more comfy
    i have a wide variety of different density cushions which can help.. but on those evenings when you just "cant get comfy" it is irritating !!

i have adapted a piece of very light bit of 6" high insulation board, (which i have covered in curtain-matching fabric) which is the right height for an arm-rest and which i can use when flat for a coffee cup, or with the addition of a small cushion gives me a comfy forearm rest. i can move this to any of my seats so its not taking up too much space.
    Last edited by delicagirl; 23-02-2018 at 19:17.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ....couldn't you get a piece of cushion foam cut/moulded to the shape you need.. ? Maja
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by maja07 View Post
    ....couldn't you get a piece of cushion foam cut/moulded to the shape you need.. ? Maja
    how would i get that done ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ...not entirely sure....an upholstering firm like those that re-do the bench seats in vans maybe ? Maja

Member Number
    Motorhome
    F.O.F with caravan stuff glued on
    Have never found any comfortable seating in any van apart from the sofa in the Winnebago

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Charlie View Post
    Have never found any comfortable seating in any van apart from the sofa in the Winnebago
    Thanks maybe i will stop searching for the impossible ... i change my cushion configuration regularly and one day i will just go BINGO thats it.... but till then.... i move around the different seats in the van and get different views... so that's a bonus

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Les Harro
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    how would i get that done ?
    You can use a sharp knife (long blade) electric carving knife or something like below to shape foam.
    Measure H W L B of the most comfortable chair at home and check the relevant angles and springs, make it's profile out of cardboard, take to van.
    Realise you have to make a compromise.

Foam Cutter Electric Hot Wire Polystyrene Cutting Machine Pen Tools with Adaptor | eBay
    Likes maja07 liked this post

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information