CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad day!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail tribute 670

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazerloz View Post
    I am glad people buy new, or there would be no second hand stuff for me. In fact they should buy more .
    We gave our old self converted van to our son and started him on the stealth camping route! Could have sold it but got far more pleasure from his enjoyment.
    Likes trevskoda, delicagirl, Squawk7000 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail tribute 670
    No pictures but will take some tomorrow! Went to body repair shop over road from where we are in Suffolk and he is doing it for £300!! Just him and his brother, seemed a bit worried that this might be too much...but showed us a job he was doing at the time ( very careful and thorough). Also found an extra scratch we had not spotted and included that in too! Did not mention previous quote to him.
    Likes Cheerful Charlie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail tribute 670
    We have also written to Morrison's and suggested they post a sign warning long vehicles that they should not go up to first floor carpark!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Yep

Inevitable
    But really annoying..

I have had a few minor skirmishes will low walls, boulders, adverse cambers, petrol pump hoses.
    This over an 8 year period.
    Perhaps the most annoying was wheelspats (mudguards) falling off.
    One fell off. I removed the other and got a a pair made using the old one as a template.
    Much better quality and firmer fix..

Thus when I was thinking of upgrading to a nearly new vehicle (£20K extra)...

No No No !!!
    Our vehicle is fine and very clean etc good size and layout (for us)
    Has the Toys I like (Reversing Cam / Gasit / Solar / Awning / Tunit Fuel enhancer)

So Keep the £20K available for minor repairs etc
    PS also had a new cambelt in January (2018) and Gas regulator (2017)
    New Tyres in 2015 so as we travel about 7K a year need to check...may well last this summer

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Just because a vehicle is old doesn't necessarily mean that scraping it would be of no concern. I'd be gutted to scratch my cars that have a combined age of 51 years and have covered 150000 miles each, here's one reflected in the other image.jpg

Incidentally I think that a good local body shop will always be better than the national chains.
    Last edited by 2cv; 14-03-2018 at 08:40.
    2CV

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Integra
    Reading this reminds me when er indoors got her new car, a Toyota Auris hybrid.
    It is an automatic, and the small gear knob has to be pushed forward for reverse and backward for forwards driving (what a stupid idea).

She manages to reverse the one week old car into the motorhome .... luckily, just a scratch on the corner bumper of the motorhome, but a dent in the plastic rear wing of the Toyota. I am leaving the scratched bumper until it needs more work on it (maybe the next time she hits it).

Member Number
    Sorry to hear

It is expensive to fix cosmetic damage as I've learnt myself.

Just keep shopping around, they are usually busy at the ime of the year though so it might be worth waiting a bit.

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    No pictures but will take some tomorrow! Went to body repair shop over road from where we are in Suffolk and he is doing it for £300!! Just him and his brother, seemed a bit worried that this might be too much...but showed us a job he was doing at the time ( very careful and thorough). Also found an extra scratch we had not spotted and included that in too! Did not mention previous quote to him.
    What a brilliant result, huge difference in cost and itís great to hear when someone gets a good deal. Well done 👍
    Thanks REC thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E412

Bad Day

Don't know where you are, but here in Bamford in the Peak District we have a bodywork guy who does a very good job (trained by his Dad who was trained on Rolls Royce cars) and is remarkably inexpensive. Last job for me Swift dealer quoted £385, he asked £110.
    Likes Nabsim, POI Admin liked this post

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by barge1914 View Post
    Don't know where you are, but here in Bamford in the Peak District we have a bodywork guy who does a very good job (trained by his Dad who was trained on Rolls Royce cars) and is remarkably inexpensive. Last job for me Swift dealer quoted £385, he asked £110.
    I will have to remember that one I am only a few miles away from there, do you mind saying who it is?
    Likes POI Admin liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information