CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad day!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail tribute 670

Bad day!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Poor Dave...went shopping in the van while I was working away. Couldn't find a space so went to the first floor. Halfway up realised the longer van was a problem...grazed the hub cap. However, once up there, had to come down the same way and found a small extra wall on the inside of a tight bend..no way of avoiding it so now has nasty scuff on the side!

First place we took it for a quote wants £1400!!!! No dent but deepish scratches.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Oh No !...

Yeah itís not a good day when something like that happens is it,,,
    Asking the obvious but is it to deep to sort yourself or Polish out?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Cherokee
    Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    Poor Dave...went shopping in the van while I was working away. Couldn't find a space so went to the first floor. Halfway up realised the longer van was a problem...grazed the hub cap. However, once up there, had to come down the same way and found a small extra wall on the inside of a tight bend..no way of avoiding it so now has nasty scuff on the side!

First place we took it for a quote wants £1400!!!! No dent but deepish scratches.
    We know how you feel. bought a new car last year, then 3 months later, we were out for a meal with friends and when parking the car in the hotel car park, we heard a scraping sound as we reversed into a parking space. Checking around we found a scratch/gouge on the rear offside wing. Caused by a supporting thick wire support line from a telegraph pole which was in the car park. The rain was chucking it down and rather than park in an area which had really large puddles, we went to another part of the car park, which was poorly illuminated. When I reversed into the space the support 'hawser' scraped against the car. With all the sensors on the car there was no way they would have detected it though. Gutted! 3 months old. Other times I have seen this situation, the support line has been covered with reflecting tape. Almost £500 to get it fixed. Spoke to the hotel manager, but he just said that parking is at the responsibility of the driver.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Buy old cars/vans like me,one less thing to fret about.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Toyota Granvia campervan
    Well said, Trev !

As the owner of a 27 year old VW Passat, a 24 year old Toyota Surf and a 15 year old Toyota Granvia, all of which (like their 76 year old owner....) are still sound in wind and limb despite mega mileage, I agree with your viewpoint entirely.

There's a lot to be said for golden oldies.... !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean & there’s a lot of sense in it, But if you WAS to have a New ish well kept n Sparkley Vehicle it would be a gutter if / When scratched,,,
    My Livaboard home is 22years old & ive put more Dents n scratches on it in the last 4 years or so than it’s ever had, But it’s the cost of getting to all those lovely secluded park ups that I wouldn’t have chanced with a Newer Vehicle !.
    81E689B7-A3C4-40E2-ACEF-F3CBBFD21ADF.jpg
    But this year I’m offering The Nest a Bit of a Brush up with some long awaited & Much deserved TLC
    246C5967-4E88-4006-A1AA-0BC87F5AC9C7.jpg
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 10-03-2018 at 11:49.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Try using a firm like 'Chips away' who will do the repair at your door.

There are a few independants doing the same kind of minor repairs. I got an excellent job done by a local one recently. He sorted the car out and also repaired a couple of stone chip marks on the motorhome bonnet. All for £100.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    I am glad people buy new, or there would be no second hand stuff for me. In fact they should buy more .
    Likes REC, trevskoda, RoadTrek Boy, roamingman liked this post
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail tribute 670
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    Try using a firm like 'Chips away' who will do the repair at your door.

There are a few independants doing the same kind of minor repairs. I got an excellent job done by a local one recently. He sorted the car out and also repaired a couple of stone chip marks on the motorhome bonnet. All for £100.
    It was chips away in Kent who quoted £1400!
    We are going to ask a local independent chap who is over the road Suffolk. Dave had the feeling the chips away bloke quoted a price he thought we would pay rather than the cost!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Any Pictures of the Damage?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information