CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st night

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Synergy

1st night

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Well folks just had our first night in the camper up at Tosside brill little site Marl Barn. 12 with EHU. next 2 wilding. Ok it chucked it down all day but dogs loved it in Gisburn Forrest.
    Just may be a problem we had why, 800w fire on a few led lights on, 2 phone charges, and the smart charger on putting 2amp in and batteries went down it showed red / low on van control panel, charges showed 60%. This morning with no fire on 100% in only 1hr so I think I need to check batts.good thing solar panels showing 5.6.
    Ps. We have 2 x 110amp batteries
    Likes Bessiebo liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    You could be right about you're battery failing ,don't take to much notice of your on board gauge's ,much better to use a multy metre .what size solar do you have 5.6 amp is the very most you could get from a 100 wat panel ,much less this time of year.
    Thanks Abiteachuck thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Synergy
    Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    You could be right about you're battery failing ,don't take to much notice of your on board gauge's ,much better to use a multy metre .what size solar do you have 5.6 amp is the very most you could get from a 100 wat panel ,much less this time of year.
    Thanks for the reply the panels are 2x90watt.the problem As got worse we now aren't on a hook up so reliant on the panels and the fridge stopped as the meter was showing 11,3amps or less with just 3 small led lights on knock them off and it would go up a bit. On the control panel which is a HPMS 3 H that was showing red when I switched it to the main very but the camper starts no problem thank God. This morning the solar panels are showing 2,4 ish so things are working the voltage gauge is reading 13,7 turn the pump on and the fridge and it drops back to 11.?
    Ps I will get a multi meter tomrriw when we're back home.hope this makes senseiam doing it on my crap phone.

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abiteachuck View Post
    Thanks for the reply the panels are 2x90watt.the problem As got worse we now aren't on a hook up so reliant on the panels and the fridge stopped as the meter was showing 11,3amps or less with just 3 small led lights on knock them off and it would go up a bit. On the control panel which is a HPMS 3 H that was showing red when I switched it to the main very but the camper starts no problem thank God. This morning the solar panels are showing 2,4 ish so things are working the voltage gauge is reading 13,7 turn the pump on and the fridge and it drops back to 11.?
    Ps I will get a multi meter tomrriw when we're back home.hope this makes senseiam doing it on my crap phone.
    Are you running the fridge on 12v ?
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Make sure fridge is on gas not 12v,use a diesel heater and not electric which is a masif drain,solar panels are almost usless this time of year.
    Get batterys tested,if replacing either varta silver power frame or if space trojan deep cycle,think you should be looking at 200ah battery bank at least,change your charger to a 20ah unit numax.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Abiteachuck liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    I dose sound like your battery's are duff ..you can't take too much notice of the battery voltage because the voltage is increased by solar set up ,and the battery charger ,the only time you will get an fairly accurate reading is at night when the solar is dead and the battery charger is turned of,also you will not get a true reading until the battery has been dormant for several hours ..As trev said varta battery's are far superior as the have the latest technology ..unless your van is a self build it should not be possible to run the fridge on 12 v volt unless the engine is running, unless it is a compressor fridge ?.
    Last edited by molly 2; 14-03-2018 at 16:57. Reason: Typo
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Synergy
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post

Yes it's a 12v only

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Synergy
    Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    I dose sound like your battery's are duff ..you can't take too much notice of the battery voltage because the voltage is increased by solar set up ,and the battery charger ,the only time you will get an fairly accurate reading is at night when the solar is dead and the battery charger is turned of,also you will not get a true reading until the batter has been dormant for several hours ..As trev said varta battery's are far superior as the have the latest technology ..unless your van is a self build it should be possible to run the fridge on 12 v volt unless the engine is running, unless it is a compressor fridge ?.
    Thanks yes it's a compressor fridge.@

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Abiteachuck View Post
    Yes it's a 12v only
    That alone could burn 40ah in 24hrs or less,so two 100ah batterys will be required for over night leaving you some for lights tv ph charging etc.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes molly 2 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Synergy
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    That alone could burn 40ah in 24hrs or less,so two 100ah batterys will be required for over night leaving you some for lights tv ph charging etc.
    Thanks for the reply 40ah even in this weather?
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information