Thread: Nervous Nelly

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Isn't that Easter weekend? If so you may need to be searching and booking if you did want a site

I thought someone had posted about a get together the other day for that weekend but I am probably mistaken. We haven't been anywhere ourselves yet with bad weather and work and it will be our first time when we do get away.

I was intending going on a site for a night or two nights just while I got used to it and found how things worked, that way there is usually someone who can help out even if its just moral support. Then again I was always thinking of using a site every so many days for emptying and filling tanks even when I am up in Scotland. Now know you can just pay to empty and fill though so will se how it goes.

I would have though a meet would be your ideal even if it is somewhere where there is a charge, I know some of the pubs in the wilds round here used to have a small charge to stay unless there was a big group and they knew they would get money through drinks and food

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin "Demi"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    Isn't that Easter weekend? If so you may need to be searching and booking if you did want a site
    I think Easter is the weekend after that.
    I love my wife. I like Demi Moore

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin "Demi"

CC

Just come off the Caravan club site. Wow! That was an eye opener. £50+ to join, Then, add in pitch fee, per person, plus, plus. I recon it would be cheaper ( I know, I sound like a right tight wad ) to go to a pub site, and then eat the menu, all of it + a doggy bag.

Okay, trying to be sensible for a moment. What if, I pick the area I want to visit, look on the POI for 3 or 4 likely places for the night, and then have a couple of Pubs as back up. So, if I'm concerned about my safety, I've options. Does that sound like a plan? Over thinking, guilty, m'lud.

How do you plan your trips? Please share your ideas, your secret will be safe with me. Nobody reads this ;-)
    Likes POI Admin, Moonraker 2 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Just to add, if you are an old git you get a decent discount of pitch fee's, cant remember if its 20 or 25% but dont think it counts in peak times. Will say on their web site, thats C&CC not C&MC

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin "Demi"

Youngster

Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    Just to add, if you are an old git you get a decent discount of pitch fee's, cant remember if its 20 or 25% but dont think it counts in peak times. Will say on their web site, thats C&CC not C&MC
    Sadly, far to young. Only 1948 vintage. A mediocre year I'm told.
    Dadad

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    You get the discount then, I can get it and I am 65

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadad View Post
    Thanks David. Not quite Wild camping !
    Not far off, if you park in a far corner of the field. Itís a huge site. Parking in a pub car park is not exactly wildcamping either.
    David

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 590RL
    You are over thinking it and putting yourself off, just go out and do it, I know, easier said than done, but after the first few times you wont bother, just use your gut instinct, if you pull up somewhere stay sat in the driver's seat for a bit and see how busy it is etc, you can always move at anytime if you don't settle (even after you've gone to bed). We rarely plan before a trip and just find park ups when we're ready to turn in for the night. If you are very nervous then park fairly near someones house (not enough to annoy them), and then if you do find there's trouble, highly unlikely, you can sound your horn, and keep your phone close with details of where you are.
    WestRidingofYorks
    Likes Dadad liked this post
    Thanks Dadad thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin "Demi"
    Cheers Yorkieowl,

Yes, your probably right. Just using the van for the first time, alone, although TBH, Nikki was never that keen, and now with extra family commitments, has the perfect excuse to do family stuff. New Grandchild due Septemberish.

So I'll load the POI's onto my phone, try to get my head around that. Take a deep breath, and go.

If what I read about Aire's in France, for the first time in my life, I envy the French. Never, ever did I think I'd say that.

Dadad
    Likes Nesting Zombie, yorkieowl liked this post

Pauljenny is offline International Bon Viveur
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadad View Post
    Just come off the Caravan club site. Wow! That was an eye opener. £50+ to join, Then, add in pitch fee, per person, plus, plus. I recon it would be cheaper ( I know, I sound like a right tight wad ) to go to a pub site, and then eat the menu, all of it + a doggy bag.

Okay, trying to be sensible for a moment. What if, I pick the area I want to visit, look on the POI for 3 or 4 likely places for the night, and then have a couple of Pubs as back up. So, if I'm concerned about my safety, I've options. Does that sound like a plan? Over thinking, guilty, m'lud.

How do you plan your trips? Please share your ideas, your secret will be safe with me. Nobody reads this ;-)
    You're getting there.
    Pubs which charge £22 for fish and chips?

I don't think Heston Blumenthal or The Roux Family would welcome a motorhome parked amongst the Bentley, Ferrari and Rolls Royces.
    Quiet pubs, in out of the way places are quite keen to attract punters, especially midweek.
    You've paid for the POIs... Use them.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information