mickymost is offline Free Member
    Name: Michael
    Spouse: Swmbo

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes LA STRADA REGENT L.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by iandsm View Post
    To be really really pedantic. I quote two people, actually joint membership is 6 monthly so 72 per year for the pair of us.
    Debroos says 120 for a couple you say 72 for a couple so who is in fact right? Mmmm

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymost View Post
    Debroos says 120 for a couple you say 72 for a couple so who is in fact right? Mmmm
    I paid 120 for a Joint Membership ...
    Scottish National Trust Joint Membership inc one wrinklie is 78. I think that is as low as it goes for new membership within the UK?
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido A class
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    I paid 120 for a Joint Membership ...
    Scottish National Trust Joint Membership inc one wrinklie is 78. I think that is as low as it goes for new membership within the UK?
    Yes 78 for the pair of us which I think is good value.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido A class
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymost View Post
    For a definitive answer try their website, of course it depends on age, Its actually 78 for us 6.50 X 12.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Yes 78 for the pair of us which I think is good value.
    it is.

I decided to join the NT rather than the SNT even though I live in Scotland. Weird but there you go .....
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    To be really really pedantic. I quote two people, actually joint membership is 6 monthly so 72 per year for the pair of us.
    Here is the English NT prices on their website...

Join as a National Trust member | National Trust

I think you may have accidentally looked at single membership...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Sleeper

No!

Shame they allow fox hunting on their land. They deny this but they issue licences for trail hunting which in practice does not exist. They also allow badger culling. We cancelled our membership on moral grounds years ago.
    Likes Fisherman liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
    Shame they allow fox hunting on their land. They deny this but they issue licences for trail hunting which in practice does not exist. They also allow badger culling. We cancelled our membership on moral grounds years ago.
    I seem to remember hearing that the scottish nt don't...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
    Well done Garry I hate cruel sports and fox hunting although totally ineffective and inefficient is one cruel sport. (I use the word sport very loosely.)

I am not surprised at the NT for allowing this type of cruelty on their land.
    But I do believe that as an organisation they do a lot more good than harm.
    But I do applaud you for what you did, possibly this should be made more publicly known than it currently is.

I would love someone to come in here and defend the NT, on this and prove that this is not the case.

Yes foxes have to be culled and controlled, I have nothing against this being done humanely, but not for sport or pleasure.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido A class

Trail Hunting on NT land

"Shame they allow fox hunting on their land. They deny this but they issue licences for trail hunting"

This seems clear enough to me......

"Hunting wild animals was outlawed in England and Wales by the Hunting Act of 2004: National Trust land is no exception.
    The law does allow what is known as trail ‘hunting’ to continue. This activity involves people on foot or horseback following a scent along a pre-determined route with hounds or beagles. It effectively replicates a traditional hunt but without a fox being chased, injured or killed.

The Trust does license trail ‘hunts’ in some areas and at certain times of the year, where it is compatible with our aims of public access and conservation.

We believe the overwhelming majority of hunts act responsibly, and we hope our clear, robust, and transparent set of conditions will allow participants to enjoy a version of this legal activity that’s compatible with our conservation aims.

Any activity associated with the term ‘hunting’ continues to provoke strong emotions on both sides of the debate. We recognise our reforms will not satisfy everyone.

Our charity’s core aim is to look after the places in our care and that remains our top priority when considering whether to license any outdoor activity. This would be true whether it’s mountain biking or a food festival.

But our charity was also established for the nation’s benefit and to provide the widest spectrum of public access and enjoyment. We therefore always look to welcome people to our places and to host the broadest range of outdoor activities on our land.

We believe this should include trail ‘hunting’, where it is consistent with our conservation aims and is legally pursued.

Following a review of the changes that we made to the way we license trail hunts in 2017 we have further enhanced our approach to managing and monitoring trail hunts on our land.

Our changes include:

Tightening up the information available on our website, including details of specific licensed dates and the areas of Trust land on which hunts are permitted
    The creation of a national Trail Hunt Management Team to provide additional guidance and support to local teams
    The introduction of formal monitoring of hunts on the ground, led by this new team
    These measures, in addition to those introduced ahead of the 2017-18 trail hunting season, reaffirm the importance of adherence to licence conditions and enable us to further safeguard our commitments to both conservation and access."

And until and unless someone provides evidence that they allow hunting I will continue to support them. I abhor fox hunting but before I would withdraw my support I would want to see evidence that it was allowed nationally. I accept that there may have been occasions where illegal hunts may have strayed on their land but that is a very long way from "allowing" it. There is a standard of proof and the assertion that they "allow" illegal hunting does not meet it.
    Last edited by iandsm; 15-06-2019 at 08:21.
    Likes suneye, ricc liked this post
    Thanks Debroos thanked for this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information