Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift sundance 630L
    "Penalty charge notice may be incurred"

Is the sign legal?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido 775F
    Seems to have everything covered but somehow I doubt it is enforceable. It seems to be very vague on the penalty side !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Someone on Facebook reported getting a ticket while parked during the day.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Well my van is a 'Motor Caravan' (as they all are) and these don't appear to be excluded, but saying that I know when I'm not wanted.
    Likes Pinhitter liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohorlicks View Post
    "Penalty charge notice may be incurred"

Is the sign legal?
    No

Member Number
    Motorhome
    nuevo
    argue all you like about the illegality or otherwise of the sign or how it applies to your motorcarvan if the signs dont solve the problem the next step will be height restrictors and you can then argue all you like about whether or not they apply to your 1 inch too high motorcaravan!

WE ARE NOT WANTED why not just accept it and move on?
    Likes delicagirl, peter palance liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by malagaoth View Post
    argue all you like about the illegality or otherwise of the sign or how it applies to your motorcarvan if the signs dont solve the problem the next step will be height restrictors and you can then argue all you like about whether or not they apply to your 1 inch too high motorcaravan!

WE ARE NOT WANTED why not just accept it and move on?
    Because frankly 'some' people are either too blinkered OR frankly pig Ignorant to see the effects of their "its not got the exact sized/coloured /worded letters so I CAN ignore it" attitude.

Seen it and sadly now have to wear the t shirt as far as the 'green laning' side of things in the Landrover world...
    Years of driving little used lanes as byways/ORPAS/BOATS/RUPPS Etc etc wiped out in short order by Ignorant 'I'll drive it regardless of issues /weather etc ' and being plastered over facebook/Internet sites.

Clock is ticking.....
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    Because frankly 'some' people are either too blinkered OR frankly pig Ignorant to see the effects of their "its not got the exact sized/coloured /worded letters so I CAN ignore it" attitude.

Seen it and sadly now have to wear the t shirt as far as the 'green laning' side of things in the Landrover world...
    Years of driving little used lanes as byways/ORPAS/BOATS/RUPPS Etc etc wiped out in short order by Ignorant 'I'll drive it regardless of issues /weather etc ' and being plastered over facebook/Internet sites.

Clock is ticking.....
    I have mixed views on all this, I get the ""if they don't want you don't go argument"" and there is a lot to be said about keeping your head below the parapet.

However as example if the licence plate on your vehicle doesn't conform to BS145 AU etc spacings and size of letters etc You will be summoned. If you run a licenced premises and fail to display the licences including price lists etc You will be summoned.

So do we have a situation with authorities Do as we say not as we do ?

Sorry, If we are expected to remain within the confines of the law then I think it is totally reasonable for authority to display the same integrity and should be challenged when they don't. Not for the sheer hell of it that is where I differ to others, But I have a little issue being expected to pay fines etc when they cant be arsed to stick to the rules

I don't think that makes me neither Pig ignorant nor blinkered .Inconsistent legality in the grand scale does little to help confusing the Public.

Where I do agree with you is actively going out and telling a council that this sign etc is wrong because it highlights and Local authorites return with TROs bylaws etc. that does seem self imploding and where my attitude differs to another member here.

Channa
    Likes colinmd liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    nuevo
    Channa whilst you are totally correct about need for signage to be in keeping with laws etc the local authority always has the joker card of hieght barriers.

So if motor homers (or any one else) playes their "the sign wasnt legal" card yes they will probably win that hand.....until the local authority plays their joker.

For my self I would rather have access to a carpark on a limited basis for parking during the day than be denied all access to the car park because I am 3m high

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information