Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: applecross

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat bessacarr e 725 motorhome

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    thanks all for your comments.
    you will see some idiots (putting it mildly) on the roads. they can't drive a car on the "normal" roads not to mind somewhere like mountain passes.
    we intend doing bealach na ba next month, june. hoping for good weather.

tony
    Hi Tony,how did you manage over the top,we went over in July for the first time,brilliant weather and great views.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes 2cv, shaunr68 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E412

Hardnott and Wrynose

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    we done the hardknot pass in cumbria.
    applecross can not be any worse.

tony
    There’s a 2m width limit on these now I believe. They’ve been cropping up all over the Lakes lately...grrr!
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi Delica L300 & L400
    Quote Originally Posted by barge1914 View Post
    There’s a 2m width limit on these now I believe. They’ve been cropping up all over the Lakes lately...grrr!
    Expect more of this in the lake district with its new world heritage status.
    One quote I found sad but true ... "being officially designated a Beatrix Potter-themed sheep museum".

Dave.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    BERTY
    When I did Applecross the rule was downhill give way and use passing place either side. Surprising how many people think they can only use the passing place on their side of the road.
    Last edited by SHABBINS; 30-07-2018 at 09:52.
    Likes barge1914 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    The trouble is the high resolution means that the files are huge. I think YouTube would probably take them, but it has to wait till I have time and I'm at home to use the house broadband - that's unlimited. Though to be honest, I had forgotten about it
    OK, I forgot about it again. But at long last, the video has reached YouTube. It seems to have lost some quality in the upload to YouTube, but not as badly as I feared.

This is a 7.5 metre Hymer A Class going over West to East on a lovely clear, bright day.

YouTube
    Likes 5andy, shaunr68 liked this post
    Thanks Alberto, nicholsong thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    OK, I forgot about it again. But at long last, the video has reached YouTube. It seems to have lost some quality in the upload to YouTube, but not as badly as I feared.

This is a 7.5 metre Hymer A Class going over West to East on a lovely clear, bright day.

YouTube
    Thanks very much.

We went round the coast road, but had I seen your video before we got there I would have gone over with our 7m N&B Arto, even East-West. We have been on more difficult roads.

Geoff

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Well, get yer finger out, hairydog, and load it up here!

At least those of us who may never make it over Applecross pass, or get anywhere near it in this lifetime, will get a feel for what it's actually like
    Why won’t you, Marie? I did it and if I can, anyone can! It was certainly a white knuckle ride for me!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    That's the way I prefer going the pass, you get you get to enjoy the views down to loch kishorn, also allow gravity to get you around the hairpins.

Worse part me at 13 minutes in on clip, I hate that stretch up towards the summit.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay
    We went over in a 6m PVC, it was thick fog and to make matters worse the Applecross games had just finished, so everyone was coming back the other way, it was a nightmare. I'd do it again, and pick a better time, but my wife says never again.
    Don't Spend your money where you're not welcome.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome
    No problems at all in a 7.4m coachbuilt.

Best to give way to oncoming traffic using passing places, some drivers just don't know the etiquette of using these.

Remember that if you are going up the pass that there are some steep drops on your left.

Best time to use the pass in a motorhome is late afternoon or early evening when traffic is much lighter.

Enjoy.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information