CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lidl Pressure washer.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autoquest 400 2005

Lidl Pressure washer.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Thought that I would share my dispute with Lidl with you. BTW the people that I am communicating with are in Germany.
    Its a Parkside petrol pressure washer that was purchased in March 2017. cost a few pence short of 200 beer tokens. Used once to see how it was, and familiarise the old noggin with its operation. Then last Summer to clean my conservatory and the patio. I got it out last month to use it and having filled it with petrol before I could start it the whole thing was covered in petrol leaking out from the underside of the tank! in fact all the petrol was all over the engine and my garage was stinking of the stuff for days after, as I filled it near the garage door.

Having contacted Lidle, it has a three year warrantee they have refused to even countenance a refund and want me to send it back and allow for it to be picked up. I have lost confidence in this product and do not want another because this fault could have really disastrous consequences, of course it needs to go back and this is their instructions.

We hereby enclose the pre-paid shipping label, to enable us to collect the device for repair/replacement. It is important that the device be absolutely free of fuel before shipment. Therefore, please follow these instructions closely, to ensure safe transportation of the device:

1. Remove the fuel filler cap to relieve any pressure in the fuel tank. Empty the tank carefully.
    2. Start the engine and let it run until it stops, to remove any remaining fuel from the carburetor.
    3. Empty the oil out.
    4. Leave the device for 10 minutes, to allow the engine to cool and the device to dry out.
    5. Remove and clean all interchangeable hoses.
    6. Clean and allow the fuel tank to dry before wrapping in plastic and putting into a cardboard container/box.
    Warning: the above safety instructions must be observed. If, any fuel remains in the Pressure Washer during transport, there could be a risk of fire or a fire hazard.

The warranty on this product is not covered for any physical damage on the body parts. The device itself, its electric mechanism has a 3 year warranty and the warranty only covers technical and manufacturing defects.

My reply.
    Again under the said consumer rights act 2015 as you have quoted. If you've asked for a repair or replacement but it will take either unreasonably long or put you at a significant inconvenience, you're entitled to request a refund. Have you read the instructions that you have given re picking this up! Maybe if you sent a box and packing materials it would go somewhere in resolving this but as it stands. I will not be messed about like this.

And so it goes on. Any thoughts apart from buyer beware of Pressure washers from lidl or has anyone else had experience of them.

Member Number
    I can understand your frustration with them.

If you were posting back an electric toothbrush it would be easy.

Was the petrol leaking out the bottom of the tank or the bottom of the carburetor ?

Petrol machine don't like sitting unused with petrol in them.
    Likes AIKIDOMO, trevskoda, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autoquest 400 2005
    The leak was under the tank, btw the tank was empty only realised the problem when I refilled it. I would have no problem putting it in my van and dumping it at my local lidl.
    My mechanic friend of mine recons that the petrol pipe to the carb has perished, which is not good is it?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by AIKIDOMO View Post
    The leak was under the tank, btw the tank was empty only realised the problem when I refilled it. I would have no problem putting it in my van and dumping it at my local lidl.
    My mechanic friend of mine recons that the petrol pipe to the carb has perished, which is not good is it?
    If mine I would just buy some ethanol proof fuel pipe and put it down to experience, and not buy that sort of gear again from them. Less hassle than all the messing about posting, or take it back to where you bought it, thatís who your contract is with. The retailer.
    Likes hairydog, trevskoda, bazzybabes liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by AIKIDOMO View Post
    Having contacted Lidle, it has a three year warrantee they have refused to even countenance a refund and want me to send it back and allow for it to be picked up. I have lost confidence in this product and do not want another because this fault could have really disastrous consequences, of course it needs to go back and this is their instructions.
    Sometimes you are stuck with your legal rights. If you bought it in a retail shop, you should be able to take it back there. However, no shop will let you bring in anything containing petrol and oil. I once bought a mower from somewhere (B&Q?) and thought it had to be returned faulty. They were the same: wanted the petrol all removed before they'd take it back.

I then discovered that two pages of the user guide had stuck together. Between them was the solution to my problem, so it never had to go back: it was simple user error!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    If you have the original receipt, take it back to the Store for a full refund. I am having bother with a Lidl vacuum cleaner but I think it is only a faulty Li-on rechargeable battery. The battery is not covered by the warranty but I hope they might send a replacement. If not, it goes back.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    If you were posting back an electric toothbrush it would be easy.
    For low values of "easy". I bought an electric toothbrush from them. It worked OK, but had a habit of switching itself on in the middle of the night. There is no power socket in my bathroom, so it was plugged in in the bedroom. Loud enough to wake me up.

Lidl didn't seem very ready to help with resolving the issue. But truth to tell, it's not a very good toothbrush anyway. Oral B may cost a bit more but they're vastly better, specially the newer models which have li-ion batteries.

I have found that the support from Lidl's suppliers (in Germany) is generally excellent.

Sorry to divert the discussion, but the issue of returning stuff to Lidl is relevant.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    We bought an electric garden tiller from Aldi two years ago, three weeks back it would not work so we phoned the helpline number, they asked us to box it up and they sent a courier for it, we were asked if we wanted a replacement or a full refund, obviously the tiller is electric and not petrol but we thought the customer service was excellent.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    If it is only the pipe from tank to carburettor for the few pence it costs to replace I would just fix it and save myself a load of hassle
    Likes trevskoda, bazzybabes liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autoquest 400 2005
    Thanks everyone for your input. Cannot take it back to Lidl as I bought it march 2017. Its warrantee says that I must not alter or dismantle any component but return it to Parkside. All the bolts have anti vibe on them so they would know it was tinkered with. Now looking for a box big enough to send it back. Went to lidl and spoke to the manager who could not even help with a box big enough. Will carry on looking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information