CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildcamping Fail

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!

Wildcamping Fail

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I had the best intention to do my first Wildcamp on my own tonight, it's been a while since I done it.
    I set off for the coast late this afternoon and as I knew I wouldn't be able to overnight on the sea front I thought I would find somewhere suitable nearby ....
    Well I don't know what happened but I have ended up back home well actually two roads down from where I live 😂😂 what's that about ?????
    Rise free from care before the dawn
    and seek new adventures.....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    F.O.F with caravan stuff glued on
    Find some cheap cl's or cs's to get used to it first.
    We are on one tonight £5
    Likes delicagirl, Herbenny, campervanannie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    It really doesn’t matter Just enjoy, Connect with your Vehicle & the Lifestyle, You could be On your Driveway & still go to sleep with a Smile on your face !.
    Last edited by 2cv; 13-06-2018 at 21:39.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    I think I probably know how you feel but I don't know how to re-assure you in the short term.

Not all that long ago everywhere was safe for us – at least safe from officialdom. Nowadays we are reduced to creeping around wondering if this place or that place will do. Or if this car park or that car park (and they belong to us, you know) will result in some official being upset. Or some local being upset – not by our presence, very rarely that, but by seeing us breaking rules which are often imaginary.

The answer is in officially permitted overnight parking places, aires, but somehow every time we lose a place we make excuses for officialdom and rarely object or don't object in sufficient numbers to make an impression. . It seems to me we lose places every week and this leads to our uncertainty. Off the top of my head two in the last week – Llandullo, Btws-y -coed?

So use these small Cls or whatever – or a campsite. That's no answer. Sooner or later all these places will only be available by prior booking. We'll be so upset by the uncertainly that we'll never venture onto the road without a prior booking – knowing exactly where we will sleep tonight..
    Likes jeanette, Herbenny liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!
    That's how I felt like I as breaking some rule or other as I know that there has been a lot of 'officials' rules and regulations put in place along the coast where I went yesterday.
    I did eventually fall asleep in the van all be it practically on my door step but it's a start anyway.
    I used to feel much safer being in the middle of nowhere rather than a residential area, but I wasn't disturbed and I slept well 😊
    Rise free from care before the dawn
    and seek new adventures.....
    Likes Clunegapyears, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbenny View Post
    I had the best intention to do my first Wildcamp on my own tonight, it's been a while since I done it.
    I set off for the coast late this afternoon and as I knew I wouldn't be able to overnight on the sea front I thought I would find somewhere suitable nearby ....
    Well I don't know what happened but I have ended up back home well actually two roads down from where I live 😂😂 what's that about ?????
    You have left the steering lock on.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido
    well have word with your neighbour well not neighbour and go out together sure you can fmanage a bottle of red between you sure she will hold your hand lol

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    It really doesn’t matter Just enjoy, Connect with your Vehicle & the Lifestyle, You could be On your Driveway & still go to sleep with a Smile on your face !.
    A lot of truth in that ....curtains closed you could be anywhere !

As for wilding spots a lot is confidence and development of that "sixth sense" In your case you don't need find it , just re awaken it.

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Jac I will be somewhere on the south coast in about 3 weeks come and park up next to us for a night or two.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    What ‘Rough’ geographical area are you ?.
    I Finnish where I am in around 8 days or so, I can travel anywhere & give support & Offer re-assurance By way of being close by or at the same suitable Park up for a night or two, Then we could try a few others out in the same way for as long as you need until you get more comfortable Wildeing again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information