CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: True or False

Member Number
    Motorhome
    F.O.F with caravan stuff glued on

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyp19 View Post
    Well said - and that’s what the big problem is. The general public probably aren’t even aware that MHs have their own toilets and can carry their own waste so far everyone with the same brush.
    The general public couldn't care less ,it's a few motorhome owners who have nothing better to do that moan about a perceived problem in their own mind.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    False – it's always false. It always has been. If true then this is a first.

No evidence from the one witness – who happens to earn her living from providing facilities for such as we.. Cllr Griffiths has claimed to have received an enormous number of complaints. I'd bet – if someone was to ask the council under the FoI – that the council has no details of the enormous number. I'd win my bet – I'd bet on that.

We have a problem, have we? Then fix it. But no; there is never any effort to fix it. And here it is an easy fix. Upgrade the toilets already on site. But ... ban motorhomes. Banning is the act of a weak individual who is failing to address the real issues, Or the act of someone who has something to gain.

And then … why is there never a burden of proof on the accuser? The assumption here is of guilt; where is our guarantee of innocence until someone provides acceptable proof of guilt.

The beach was awarded blue flag status on 28th May 2018 or, at least, reported on that date. Eight beaches retain Blue Flags | News | Cambrian News

Hardly a long term problem then – only three weeks since the beach was pristine.

It is never the minority spoiling things for the rest of us; it is the rest of us spoiling it for all by allowing bans to happen.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaa View Post
    Just read this in the Cambrian News.

Attachment 64689
    My thanks to angelaa for this post in the thread below. This is the same beach.

Black rock sands.... Anti motorhome press
    Likes angelaa liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    What ever your caught dumping does the community no good even if its clear drinking water the anti motor home loby will call it s##t
    A simple conclusion but I think you are right.

Channa
    Thanks witzend thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L

I asked under the FoI for details of the enormous number of complaints the council had received in the three years prior to my request. The council acknowledged and told me that they were entitled to up to 20 working days to answer me. The twenty working days came and went and no reply. I sent Reminder No 1 – no acknowledgement and no reply. And the same for Reminder No 2. Reminder No 3 was a little more assertive but I did get a reply that my request was being attended to. Reminder No 4 was not really a reminder; I told them I'd asked the Information Commissioner to remind the council of its statutory duties.

I received details of the enormous number of complaints a few minutes ago. There were five.

One is dated 20th June and is therefore a complaint made after my request, after the issue was made public and after the assertion of an enormous numher of complaints. I can ignore that one for the time being – it could well have been a response to the outrage the council is attempting to create rather than a genuine complaint.

But, anyway, there are still four - and that's more than most councils receive. Mostly there are none.

All four (or five) are articulate and plausible and on the same lines as this one below. So, we can get the idea that it's our discharge of rubbish that's the problem. As always.

Apart from the complaint which was only made weeks after the council began its campaign, none are dated. I have no idea when the complaints were made. For all I know they could have been made up in the weeks since my request. I've asked for the dates.

I've been invited to talk by telephone with a senior council employee.

But situation is normal. Council alleges enormous number of complaints – FoI says four.

Likes Beemer liked this post
    Thanks 2cv, winks, Pauljenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Complaint_Gwynedd.jpg

Or maybe just leave the toilets open overnight, that doesn't sound too expensive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    Complaint_Gwynedd.jpg

Or maybe just leave the toilets open overnight, that doesn't sound too expensive.
    Then you would have only seringes and willy boots to pick up,people will always be a problem which is hard to solve.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Then you would have only seringes and willy boots to pick up,people will always be a problem which is hard to solve.
    Ironically I visited Filey on Tuesday, 7 pm ish went down to cobble landing and lots of people, council had closed the toilets....Do people have no need to answer the call of nature after 7 pm ? Where are they going ?

When treating the general population in this manner odds of wilders getting facilities seems remote

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Express Bedouin
    Luckily there are still some parts of the country where people are happy to leave wild campers alone.

Man 'lay dead in tent for a year' near Weston-super-Mare - BBC News

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    Luckily there are still some parts of the country where people are happy to leave wild campers alone.

Man 'lay dead in tent for a year' near Weston-super-Mare - BBC News
    True, I do find it a sad indictment of our society though someone can go missing for over 12 months un noticed. I think his circumstances significantly different to wild camping.

There are of courses instances people don't want to be found, When I was full timing I bumped into a few folk who chose social isolation for some reason I don't think all were axe murderers on the run from the law, but almost all came with a story matrimonial collapse, chasing a dream etc

Channa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information