CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Marquis Motor Homes

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    My mate bought a HYMER ML 540, he has had nothing but problems with it.
    It cost him £82,000 brand new.
    After a year of frustration he has finally managed to sort things out.

I bought a chausson 510, appart from a high dampness reading from a window on first annual inspection which I knew nothing about, and has been sorted and a couple of minor issues I have had nothing to report. I paid £52000.
    I get your meaning hairy dog, but sometimes it just comes down to bad luck plain and simple.

Also buying second hand can be fraught with difficulty. You donít know the full history, and my wife would want the mattress and all the upholstery replaced at a great cost.
    Swings and roundabouts comes to mind.
    You make some valid points. there is a saying in the motor trade in that with used vehicles " you can be buying someone elses problems" which is one of the reasons why consideration for getting the best resale value in terms of warranties kept up can help. No one wants to buy vans that come with a story and if they do want it reflecting in the price ,,,that's the conclusion I reached.

My CI I bought off Danum motor co and know the lads there from trading with them when I was in the trade, My van the owner had played with being bored I think but Kev wanted to trade it I just happened to be in the right place at the right time It turned out to be a good deal all round.

I had never thought about mattresses but that makes a lot of sense it is how some people think but can cost a kings ransom so the gap between new and used does narrow

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Too much modern-day reliance on electrics & technology, imho - plus it makes people lazy (or lazier than they should be!)

I would instinctively never buy an electrically operated bed at home, never mind in a camper!

OK I can see the benefit for some people who have a disability etc., but I just assume it's automatically going to break down at some point and can't be chewed with the hassle.

Heck, I even hate having electrically operated windows in a vehicle!

Good old-fashioned manual operation for certain things every time, thank you!

PS. we're supposed to be saving power, not burning it, and not everyone has solar panels. Just sayin'
    Confused well I am completely.

Electrically operated beds at home why would you unless you live in a Barratt Solo flat, or some Japanese container unit.
    What has a bed that has to be lowered, cushions moved and possibly then made up go to do with being lazy.
    But if you are feeling full of energy those nice folk at Chausson do give you the option of winding down your bed manually.

I hate to inform you but if you are reading this your using something worked with leccy, your motorhome is stacked to the hilt with relays, circuit boards, resistors, capacitors and on and on.

We looked at the 514 with the fixed rear bed, but decided the benefits of a drop down outweighed any possible mechanical issues.
    Benefits such as, Larger lounge, separate shower and toilet, larger kitchen, and larger fridge freezer.

Someone stated that a supplier would not look at vans with drop down beds, please inform us who the idiots are that are limiting their sales to only 50% of the vans available.

Well its leccy windows, cruise control, heated electric mirrors, LED lighting, auto gearbox for me.

Remember before 1893 when the first car was driven in Germany folks moaned about how problematic they could be,
    forgetting about horsey troubles and massive vets bills. Ah well things never change do they.?
    Its good to see that the good old British luddite attitudes will never die.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 09-07-2018 at 12:04.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Confused well I am completely.

Electrically operated beds at home why would you unless you live in a Barratt Solo flat, or some Japanese container unit.
    What has a bed that has to be lowered, cushions moved and possibly then made up go to do with being lazy.
    But if you are feeling full of energy those nice folk at Chausson do give you the option of winding down your bed manually.

I hate to inform you but if you are reading this your using something worked with leccy, your motorhome is stacked to the hilt with relays, circuit boards, resistors, capacitors and on and on.

We looked at the 514 with the fixed rear bed, but decided the benefits of a drop down outweighed any possible mechanical issues.
    Benefits such as, Larger lounge, separate shower and toilet, larger kitchen, and larger fridge freezer.

Someone stated that a supplier would not look at vans with drop down beds, please inform us who the idiots are that are limiting their sales to only 50% of the vans available.

Well its leccy windows, cruise control, heated electric mirrors, LED lighting, auto gearbox for me.

Remember before 1893 when the first car was driven in Germany folks moaned about how problematic they could be,
    forgetting about horsey troubles and massive vets bills. Ah well things never change do they.?
    Its good to see that the good old British luddite attitudes will never die.
    Not totally disagreeing with you but the 'winding down process' on the Chausson bed I had was a nightmare .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    There is a big motivation with some people in keeping things simple and I get that

Consumers to an extent are their own worst enemy , we all want cars and vans economical and some people want the toys,,,whether they need them is a different question people buy on occasion for emotive needs

There is no wrong or right peoples motivations differ

To offer reliability which is a big factor as to why people change vehicles and plenty of market research to support that manufacturers install a plethora of electronics because overall more efficient and reliable

If you are time served or keen home mechanic maintain a vehicle is far easier on the old stuff but you will need to invest time.

The downside is the time served mechanic on modern vehicles without access to computers and diagnostics is screwed at the roadside like the rest of us

Pay your money take your choice

Channa

Byronic Guest
    There are plenty of alternatives or combinations of M/home features to suit every lifestyle of course.
    I know a chap who can easily afford a Concorde motorhome, but
    chooses to keep the motorhome choice simple, sticking long time with
    the same self converted van, he reasons the risks associated with buying
    used would only have occurred once, and that was when the van was first
    purchased. Anything since is down to his care and attention.
    He also finds the prospect of driving an expensive van in certain environments
    drawing interest maybe even hostility not something he wishes for, preferring instead
    as much anonymity as a 25' van can afford.
    He leaves the high price high tech specs. for his car and motorcycles.

Changing used vehicles frequently, just compounds chances of risk, keeping a van
    that does the job and is reliable makes a deal of sense. Sure if a major change can
    be justified fair enough, but merely changing it "just for a change" or for spurious
    other reasons, not good enough reasons for him apparently.
    Likes Pauljenny, delphin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Not totally disagreeing with you but the 'winding down process' on the Chausson bed I had was a nightmare .
    Did it once just to see if it worked alma, your right took forever.
    But I stand bye my post.
    yes set beds are probably a bit more comfy (Though I sleep great in mine), readily available, and have no mechanical issues, but the plusses more than outweigh negatives. I have a sub 6m mh with a separate shower and toilet, a lounge than can accommodate 6 in comfort, 8 at a push, a larger kitchen, and a lovely big fridge freezer, all due to our drop down bed.

Byronic Guest
    Did it once just to see if it worked alma, your right took forever.
    But I stand bye my post.
    yes set beds are probably a bit more comfy (Though I sleep great in mine), readily available, and have no mechanical issues.
    Did you really mean you stand by your 4 poster
    Likes Fisherman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronic View Post
    Did you really mean you stand by your 4 poster

Yep after tea in my drawing room
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roadtrek 190V