Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marquis Motor Homes

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T615

Marquis Motor Homes

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    BEWARE of this Company!!!
    A friend of ours bought a brand new Benimar motor home from this company nearly 2 years ago. The faults on this vehicle are 21 up to now including recalls are horrendous.
    To top it all in January when they were away in Spain it started leaking. Then it leaked in another place too. Marquis supposedly repaired the leak but when they went away in it again in April it was still leaking. Then the shower door fell off and they couldn't use the shower, they also found out that one of the drain plugs was not even connected up to a pipe. Therefore they don't know where the water was going when they had been using the shower. This is only a brief summary out of all the faults.
    Marquis is as far they are concerned a BAD Company to deal with. When our friends said that they would be contacting a solicitor Marqius replied "Get on With It"!
    A Very Bad Company .
    PJ

Member Number
    Motorhome
    F.O.F with caravan stuff glued on
    Quote Originally Posted by pamjon View Post
    BEWARE of this Company!!!
    A friend of ours bought a brand new Benimar motor home from this company nearly 2 years ago. The faults on this vehicle are 21 up to now including recalls are horrendous.
    To top it all in January when they were away in Spain it started leaking. Then it leaked in another place too. Marquis supposedly repaired the leak but when they went away in it again in April it was still leaking. Then the shower door fell off and they couldn't use the shower, they also found out that one of the drain plugs was not even connected up to a pipe. Therefore they don't know where the water was going when they had been using the shower. This is only a brief summary out of all the faults.
    Marquis is as far they are concerned a BAD Company to deal with. When our friends said that they would be contacting a solicitor Marqius replied "Get on With It"!
    A Very Bad Company .
    PJ
    Sounds like a normal new motorhome purchase to me

Member Number
    I understand your friends frustration, but Marquis are only the suppliers of the van, they did not build it ,Benimar did, of course they have a duty to put things right , and 2 years seems a long time for these problems to manifest themselves , hope it gets sorted for them.
    Likes hairydog liked this post
    Thanks pamjon thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T615

Marquis

Yes, I understand what you are saying in that they did not build the van. It would be no skin off their nose to replace it, they just do not want to know.
    PJ

Pauljenny is offline Retired Exotic Dancer
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    They haven't improved much,then?
    We walked away from their Preston branch, 12 years ago. Brownhills were even worse, had to get the trading standards onto them.. Finally bought a van From Campbells. They were so bad,we took them to the small claims court They paid out immediately prior to the hearing.
    This lovely van was bought directly from the converter..
    They went bankrupt 21 months later.

Don't think we could ever go through the hassle of buying another van.
    Well drive it into the ground and use it as a shed.

The Small Claims court is fairly simple to DIY. Make a claim and inform them that you propose to add a monthly sum of interest to it.. I believe 8% per annum/ %per month, compound is the norm . Send them a written monthly statement. Use recorded delivery, adding all costs incurred.
    Keep all paperwork.
    Expect to be ignored and lied to.
    Treat it as a hobby.
    Don't get angry... Get ahead.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Thanks pamjon thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    I honestly don't understand why people buy cheap motorhomes brand new.

The cheap ones are not cheap because they are sold at a loss. They are cheap because they are made on the cheap. And that means they are crap.

I suggest buying a good quality motorhome. If you can't afford a new one, get a secondhand one at a price you can afford.

Or do a self build (though that is not for everyone, and will probably cost more than buying secondhand).

Member Number
    Motorhome
    F.O.F with caravan stuff glued on
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post

The cheap ones are not cheap because they are sold at a loss. They are cheap because they are made on the cheap. And that means they are crap.

I suggest buying a good quality motorhome. If you can't afford a new one, get a secondhand one at a price you can afford.

Or do a self build (though that is not for everyone, and will probably cost more than buying secondhand).
    I am afraid that your theory actually doesn't stand where motorhomes are concerned as just about all the components are pretty much the same crap in vans from 40 k to 250 k
    The top end stuff is pretty poor quality these days and there certainly isn't any craftsmen building them as they are all cnc cut foil covered mdf and ply with nasty plastic connections and not a bit of real wood used
    Thanks Pauljenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T615

Marquis

Hairydog, I do not consider 40,000 is cheap. These people did not know any better and trusted the dealership. I do agree with you in that you can buy a good second hand van for a lot less money. The problem is these dealerships rip off a lot of people who do not know any better or in our friends case they bought a new van because in their seventies they wanted peace of mind.
    Likes jann, Fisherman liked this post

Pauljenny is offline Retired Exotic Dancer
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post

We were looking at the Autosleeper Eton.
    That was supposed to be a quality van.. The demonstrator was in a poor and dirty state. The salesman was ignorant and when checking the trade in paperwork, we found a massive discrepancy in his maths... Guess which way ?

Brownhills asked for 2500 credit card payment, " To ensure that we would turn up when the demonstrator arrived from Newark... If we didn't like the van, it would be refunded.". It, too was in a dirty state, with muddy footprints in the shower , rattled and creaked.
    Took it on a test drive, decided it was not for us. Their sales Manager said that we'd entered into a contract to buy that particular van... The 2500 was the deposit we'd paid.. !
    Trading Standards put that right PDQ !
    There must be an honest dealer somewhere? Anyone know where?
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes pamjon, Shockingdog liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    One avenue worth pursuing is to buy privately and then purchase a warranty to cover, say, the first 12 months.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information