CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cordless Gtech vacuum

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T615

Cordless Gtech vacuum

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi, I am thinking of buying a Gtech cordless vacuum MK II. I am primary buying for the house but it would be very handy to take away with us in the MH. It says 22v with a 22v lithium battery. Obviously I would only want to charge it off the inverter when we are moving as it takes 4 hours to charge. Would this be alright? What I am worried about is if the battery is the same as a rechargeable toothbrush that the inverter (600 w) will eventually ruin as it is not purewave.
    Pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Personally I wouldn’t risk it as modified sine wave inverters do not go well with many products as well as electric toothbrushes. I had a msf inverter on a boat and some laptops malfunctioned when using it for example.
    2CV
    Likes delicagirl, pamjon liked this post

Member Number
    You've probably already made up your mind but Dyson do this ONE which can be charged direct from your car/van cig lighter socket.
    as well as mains
    Last edited by witzend; 06-08-2018 at 11:55.
    Likes TJBi liked this post
    Thanks pamjon thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i use a hand held scrubbing brush with a handle on it .... gives me exercise as well as cleaning the van and weighs almost nothing......
    Likes Goggles liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto-trail Scout
    We have both a G-Tech Air-Ram and a Multi. The Multi (hand-held) is excellent for the motorhome. FWIW, we did a 6-week tour through the Netherlands, Belgium and France during which we brushed through the van daily and used the multi on the carpets and upholstery once a week. We didn't need to recharge during the six weeks of the tour. It only takes about five minutes to do our van and you get up to forty minutes per charge. Also, recharging the battery every whipstitch can shorten battery life; much better to wait until the machine indicates the need to recharge. HTH, Geoff
    Likes ironman liked this post
    Thanks pamjon thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Rechargeable toothbrushes use induction charging which will self-destruct if used with a modified sine wave inverter.

Devices that are charged using a plug-in 13 amp socket device should be fine with a modified sine wave inverter. The charger is a switch mode power supply which may be expected to suffer no ill effects.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Likes colinmd, hairydog liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckender View Post
    I have a few of those - work very well, but the usb cable that came with one of them was useless. The others did t come with a cable at all..

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by pamjon View Post
    Hi, I am thinking of buying a Gtech cordless vacuum MK II. I am primary buying for the house but it would be very handy to take away with us in the MH. It says 22v with a 22v lithium battery. Obviously I would only want to charge it off the inverter when we are moving as it takes 4 hours to charge. Would this be alright? What I am worried about is if the battery is the same as a rechargeable toothbrush that the inverter (600 w) will eventually ruin as it is not purewave.
    Pj
    No, it will use a switch mode power adapter which will work with any waveform - even a 1hz square wave would be fine
    Toothbrushes are different because of the waterproof inductive link.
    Last edited by hairydog; 06-08-2018 at 21:04.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    No, it will use a switch mode power adapter which will work with any waveform - even a 1hz square wave would be fine
    Toothbrushes are different because of the waterproof inductive link.
    Which is precisely what I said earlier!
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information