CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Ferries Ireland

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Holdsworth

Ferries Ireland

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Bit of an open question but I hate booking in advance as I like the option to change my mind, sometimes just following the sun, has anyone got experiences with just rocking up and jumping on a ferry, is it more expensive? not bothered on the departure times I can work around that happy to use any port in a storm... but like the Scottish option to northern Ireland.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    I regularly have to get the ferry to Ireland last minute I usually go from cairnryan, and they have a fixed price no matter when you book,so yes you can just turn up, but at this time of year they are busy so when you are on your way there just go on line and book to make sure they have space on that sailing.
    Thanks mjvw thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autosleeper executive 2003 peugeot boxer
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    I regularly have to get the ferry to Ireland last minute I usually go from cairnryan, and they have a fixed price no matter when you book,so yes you can just turn up, but at this time of year they are busy so when you are on your way there just go on line and book to make sure they have space on that sailing.
    As said, just drive and jump on. Ive never been told no yet and im irish with frequent trips under my belt. Only the big vans get shoved about a bity, up to 19 feet, your ok as you go on the car deck
    Thanks mjvw, peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

25% off but not for long

We’ve just booked a trip to Dublin. Both Stena and Ireland have 25% off but the offer closed in a matter of days. We paid about £17 extra for flexi tickets as we can cancel or change crossings freely.
    Yes, cairnryan is cheaper; we’ve done that crossing the last two summers, but we’ve less time this trip for driving up from the south of England.
    Have a look at the freight company - I believe that is cheaper still. We’ve not used it and I think dogs may be a problem.
    Thanks mjvw thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Wales to warrenpoint sea truck £100 ,no dogs or children,wifes must be muzzeled.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autosleeper executive 2003 peugeot boxer
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Wales to warrenpoint sea truck £100 ,no dogs or children,wifes must be muzzeled.

Never heard of these before and they are well cheap. Thanks a lot mate, well done.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Thread Information