CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brit Stops?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mobilvetta K Yacht

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi I’ve bought book Quite a few times. Won’t be buying any more. It’s been useful but now is a PIA. They are behind the times. Emailed and said sorry I won’t be renewing next year - are they having an app but no response. Most people would just leave but I thought it was worth an email as to why I’m not renewing. I did say I’d happily pay for an app as it’s so much easier to keep up to date.
    Last edited by jennyp19; 11-10-2018 at 08:59.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    We have had no problems with ********* and didn't feel compelled to dine or purchase goods although we did so voluntary, simply because we wanted to. Could we do without it? Yes, of course we could but it is an additional resource for some interesting and unusual places, like a micro brewery farm just outside Warwick to name but one.
    At what age do you think itís appropriate to tell 
a road itís adopted?
    Likes Roger Haworth liked this post

Wooie1958 is offline That`s Nice.
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    We have had no problems with ********* and didn't feel compelled to dine or purchase goods although we did so voluntary, simply because we wanted to. Could we do without it? Yes, of course we could but it is an additional resource for some interesting and unusual places, like a micro brewery farm just outside Warwick to name but one.

That was my idea as well Ral but it went wrong from the very first one we tried

The Trossachs Wollen Mill turned us away because the manageress hadn`t told the staff that they`d joined the scheme ............... allegedly.

The second one ( same trip ) Charleton Fruit Farm, Montrose said they had no knowledge of the scheme and no we couldn`t stay on their car park.

Apparently i`d caught them on a bad day with coach parties coming and the stand in manager didn`t know about it.

Next trip The Rhug Estate, Corwen similarly had no knowledge of the scheme and wouldn`t let us stay,

The contact names at these venues were not available as they were all on holiday

Same Welsh trip The Salutation Inn, Pembrokeshire said yes we could stay but wanted to know what time we wanted the table booked for the evening meal.

I said we woudn`t be eating and he seemed surprised saying everyone who stays eats in here and even sent a young waitress out to ask what time we was going to eat.
    Did I mention I`d Won In The £1000 Giveaway

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Sounds like this particular source has outlived its usefulness .
    Bit concerning [but hardly surprising] that people expect to stay on a pub carpark without buying anything in the pub
    Likes channa, Cheerful Charlie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autosleeper executive 2003 peugeot boxer
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Bit concerning [but hardly surprising] that people expect to stay on a pub carpark without buying anything in the pub
    great idea but very poorly managed.

Wooie1958 is offline That`s Nice.
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL

Then if you are expected to spend money in the pub it should say that on the website and in the book in which case they are not free stopovers.
    Did I mention I`d Won In The £1000 Giveaway

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin
    The Brit Stops code of conduct states:

Your overnight stay is free and

The Brit Stops scheme allows for a stay of 24 hours

If you are required by a host to spend money during your first 24 hours at the venue then the host is in breach of the code of conduct and I'm sure the scheme organisers would want to know about it. They can be contacted on info@*********.com

Having said all that I would personally always buy something even if it's only a couple of drinks.

P.S. I find it very irritating that this website is set up to censor the word B-R-I-T-S-T-O-P-S !
    Last edited by Roger Haworth; 11-10-2018 at 13:30.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High top van conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    That was my idea as well Ral but it went wrong from the very first one we tried

The Trossachs Wollen Mill turned us away because the manageress hadn`t told the staff that they`d joined the scheme ............... allegedly.

The second one ( same trip ) Charleton Fruit Farm, Montrose said they had no knowledge of the scheme and no we couldn`t stay on their car park.

Apparently i`d caught them on a bad day with coach parties coming and the stand in manager didn`t know about it.

Next trip The Rhug Estate, Corwen similarly had no knowledge of the scheme and wouldn`t let us stay,

The contact names at these venues were not available as they were all on holiday

Same Welsh trip The Salutation Inn, Pembrokeshire said yes we could stay but wanted to know what time we wanted the table booked for the evening meal.

I said we woudn`t be eating and he seemed surprised saying everyone who stays eats in here and even sent a young waitress out to ask what time we was going to eat.
    We've stopped at all the places except the Welsh one,no problems at all,felt welcome no pressure to buy.We prefer the farm shops because always need food but only bought if it was what we wanted.
    Try it for a year, leave it till next March now, that's when the new book comes out

Member Number
    Motorhome
    F.O.F with caravan stuff glued on
    Itís always amazed me that people have said that there is no obligation to buy anything from the places listed on ********* ?
    I couldnít not .
    But having seen a few motorhome owners at work nothing surprises us anymore.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    [QUOTE=Cheerful Charlie;971085]Itís always amazed me that people have said that there is no obligation to buy anything from the places listed on ********* ?
    I couldnít not .
    But having seen a few motorhome owners at work nothing surprises us anymore.[/QUOTE

Yes indeed its nothing to do with 'expected' or 'required' ! Its , at the very least , good manners .
    Pub provides overnight parking space , you buy a couple of pints . Its what makes the world go round
    Likes Cheerful Charlie liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information