CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brit Stops?

Member Number

Brit Stops?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    The wife has just come across this and wonders if it works?

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    I bought one this year another member recommended it the book itself is youíre membership card youíre supposed to show it when stopping at one of pubs hotels. Never used it yet but Iíve read through it and thereís some nice places to stop mainly in England Scottish stops are quite scarce. Donít think Iíd pay money again most of the info is out there on inter web free.
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes Biggarmac liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    It's a book, so goes out of date unless you labouriously insert the monthly updates they email you each month.
    Most of the pubs are listed elsewhere, includding here.
    Alyhough we found a few really nice places, my experience of using it was that the pubs were generally second-rate: places you'd not choose to visit otherwise.
    By the time you've paid for a drink each for two people, it costs more than a CL or CS.And some expect you to buy a meal.
    And you are less likely to be disturbed in a layby than in a pub car park.
    I tried it for a year. It was not for me.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin
    We joined for the first time this year. We've only stayed at a few of the pubs listed but all were welcoming and none put us under any pressure to buy anything (as is required under the scheme's code of practice). It is a bit disappointing that the vast majority of listings are pubs. I was hoping for more farms, vineyards, breweries, distilleries, marinas and such like.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    B544
    been a member almost since it started and agree a lot off the information is out there and more and more landlords are expecting you to dine, personally will always go and have a few beers and if it suits me eat in the pub, other side of the coin iíve gone to pubs from it and they have given ehu as well even though not neededall in all would sooner put £50 over a bar than £30 over a reception desk one nights stop pays for the book so no biggie , stopped at a couple on way back from banham happy to pay to have the choice

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Lyseo TD 736
    We have been members since 2013 but despite trying lots of stops, are largely disappointed with them. We probably found 5 or 6 that we would return to, but most of them were awful. It seems to us many join the scheme just as added advertising with no real access or parking for motorhomes.
    We wonít bother renewing.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    We too have had one for a few years. Before I came across this wonderful group, we were recommended by a friend to sign up to Brit Stops, and even now it is still useful. We have stopped at some wonderful farm shops, tea rooms and even a vineyard over the 4 or 5 years of motorhoming. That said though, I stopped the automatic renewal last year. W.C. is more than enough for our needs
    Let the fun be-gin
    Likes Pauljenny liked this post

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    We were members for a couple of years and stopped at some nice locations.As has been said WC has it's own pub stop database so I see little point in renewing.I have found plenty of pubs that will allow you to overnight if spending 50 quid there.When I was a member of brit stops none of the places asked me for the membership book anyway.
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autosleeper executive 2003 peugeot boxer
    Quote Originally Posted by wakk44 View Post
    We were members for a couple of years and stopped at some nice locations.As has been said WC has it's own pub stop database so I see little point in renewing.I have found plenty of pubs that will allow you to overnight if spending 50 quid there.When I was a member of brit stops none of the places asked me for the membership book anyway.
    We found the same. Pubs are ok if you spend but the free beachside and layby stop overs are pretty useless and at times dangerous. we stopped in cornwall by a beach and got hassled by a neighbour that lived 50 yards down the beach at 6 am walking his dog. Why he banged on our van was a mystery, but he reckoned it was private land and thought we were gypsies. Some of their laybys are uneven and just roadside stops with traffic and lorries to bother you. A load of stops are pretty much out of date and no longer available so we wont be staying with them, in fact the books no longer in the van, we use the different apps to get ideas and go from there.

Wooie1958 is offline Full Member
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    I tried it several years back and got a free extra year because of all the problems i had at the stopovers in the first year.

The second year was just as bad with being turned away or expecting us to spend money in the bar / restaurant.

The guide and website clearly say that the first night is " obligation free " but we didn`t find that was the case.

Before all the usual mob come on saying we SHOULD spend money in the establishments, if that is the case they should not advertise first night obligation free.
    Did I mention I`d Won In The £1000 Giveaway
    Likes ovalball liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information