CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Moors and the Christians are battling on the Beach

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712

The Moors and the Christians are battling on the Beach

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We are in El Campello .. it started last night few loud noises but could not see anything. Sounded like a few fireworks going off.

Well this morning all HELL let loose about 7am .. Blunderbusses and loud cracks like thunder. The Moors are coming ashore for a mock battle with the Christians.

You just donít get any peace at these wild camping spots

Likes RoaminRog, Caz liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Just thank god there isn't a generator ticking away somewhere. That would really be hell!
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Just thank god there isn't a generator ticking away somewhere. That would really be hell!
    Lol lol lol THATS EXACTLY what I was thinking when I seen this post lol lol
    Likes Nabsim, Tezza33, wildebus liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Galaxy Mercedes auto
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    We are in El Campello .. it started last night few loud noises but could not see anything. Sounded like a few fireworks going off.

Well this morning all HELL let loose about 7am .. Blunderbusses and loud cracks like thunder. The Moors are coming ashore for a mock battle with the Christians.

You just donít get any peace at these wild camping spots

You just can't please some people that come over here and we lay all this lovely entertainment on for them free and there still not happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Quote Originally Posted by kenspain View Post
    You just can't please some people that come over here and we lay all this lovely entertainment on for them free and there still not happy
    Must admit it was LOUD .. We had two hours of it from 7am to 9am

Spanish are amazing. We have been for a walk today along the front. It’s some sort of holiday today so all the shops and banks are shut. We have seen one small poster that says about the festival from the 11th to 15th and nothing else. There were life guards on the beach on Monday but now they have all cleared up and gone and they have even turned the water off on the beach but today the beach is packed.

The Moors and Christians had finished their battle by 10am and a small fleet of lorries were removing the tents etc from the beach.
    Last edited by QFour; 12-10-2018 at 12:24.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Galaxy Mercedes auto

Spanish are amazing. We have been for a walk today along the front. Itís some sort of holiday today so all the shops and banks are shut. We have seen one small poster that says about the festival from the 11th to 15th and nothing else. There were life guards on the beach on Monday but now they have all cleared up and gone and they have even turned the water off on the beach but today the beach is packed.

The Moors and Christians had finished their battle by 10am and a small fleet of lorries were removing the tents etc from the beach.
    Yes national holiday today back to normal tomorrow
    Thanks QFour thanked for this post

Pauljenny is offline Retired Exotic Dancer
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo

Spanish are amazing. We have been for a walk today along the front. Itís some sort of holiday today so all the shops and banks are shut. We have seen one small poster that says about the festival from the 11th to 15th and nothing else. There were life guards on the beach on Monday but now they have all cleared up and gone and they have even turned the water off on the beach but today the beach is packed.

Who won?.. Same result as all those centuries ago ?
    Are you sure that the invaders were play acting.. And not illegal immigrants?
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    Seen a few of these "Moros y Cristianos" festivals, those Spanish certainly know how to party.

I just wonder what the "Thought Police" would say over here in the UK if we were to celebrate the defeat of the Muslims.
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.
    Likes trevskoda, peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post
    Seen a few of these "Moros y Cristianos" festivals, those Spanish certainly know how to party.

I just wonder what the "Thought Police" would say over here in the UK if we were to celebrate the defeat of the Muslims.
    I'm not aware of any Christian vs Muslim battles that happened on the British Isles? (without talking about stupid fights in cities between two groups of idiots of course - I don't think that is something to 'celebrate' about?).
    I think there are quite a few re-enactments of historical battles within the UK from the past, including between Scots and English in the various Border Wars and I don't think the 'thought police' make anything of it.
    Last edited by wildebus; 12-10-2018 at 15:28.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes John H, alcam liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    I'm not aware of any Christian vs Muslim battles that happened on the British Isles? (without talking about stupid fights in cities between two groups of idiots of course - I don't think that is something to 'celebrate' about?).
    I think there are quite a few re-enactments of historical battles within the UK from the past, including between Scots and English in the various Border Wars and I don't think the 'thought police' make anything of it.
    Of course they will itís what they do and take great pleasure in it. They even moaned about a few motor homes flying confederate rebel flags at a show. They take umbrage at anything.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information