CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: The Moors and the Christians are battling on the Beach

  1. #1

    Member Number
    24599
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,822
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712

    The Moors and the Christians are battling on the Beach



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We are in El Campello .. it started last night few loud noises but could not see anything. Sounded like a few fireworks going off.

    Well this morning all HELL let loose about 7am .. Blunderbusses and loud cracks like thunder. The Moors are coming ashore for a mock battle with the Christians.

    You just donít get any peace at these wild camping spots

    ..
    Likes RoaminRog, Caz liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

  2. #2

    Member Number
    60568
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,056
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Just thank god there isn't a generator ticking away somewhere. That would really be hell!
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

  3. #3

    Member Number
    63531
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,675
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Just thank god there isn't a generator ticking away somewhere. That would really be hell!
    Lol lol lol THATS EXACTLY what I was thinking when I seen this post lol lol
    Likes Nabsim, Tezza33, wildebus liked this post

  4. #4

    Member Number
    9237
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,048
    Motorhome
    Galaxy Mercedes auto
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    We are in El Campello .. it started last night few loud noises but could not see anything. Sounded like a few fireworks going off.

    Well this morning all HELL let loose about 7am .. Blunderbusses and loud cracks like thunder. The Moors are coming ashore for a mock battle with the Christians.

    You just donít get any peace at these wild camping spots

    ..
    You just can't please some people that come over here and we lay all this lovely entertainment on for them free and there still not happy

  5. #5

    Member Number
    24599
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,822
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Quote Originally Posted by kenspain View Post
    You just can't please some people that come over here and we lay all this lovely entertainment on for them free and there still not happy
    Must admit it was LOUD .. We had two hours of it from 7am to 9am

    Spanish are amazing. We have been for a walk today along the front. It’s some sort of holiday today so all the shops and banks are shut. We have seen one small poster that says about the festival from the 11th to 15th and nothing else. There were life guards on the beach on Monday but now they have all cleared up and gone and they have even turned the water off on the beach but today the beach is packed.

    The Moors and Christians had finished their battle by 10am and a small fleet of lorries were removing the tents etc from the beach.
    ..
    Last edited by QFour; 12-10-2018 at 12:24.

  6. #6

    Member Number
    9237
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,048
    Motorhome
    Galaxy Mercedes auto
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    Must admit it was LOUD .. We had two hours of it from 7am to 9am

    Spanish are amazing. We have been for a walk today along the front. Itís some sort of holiday today so all the shops and banks are shut. We have seen one small poster that says about the festival from the 11th to 15th and nothing else. There were life guards on the beach on Monday but now they have all cleared up and gone and they have even turned the water off on the beach but today the beach is packed.

    The Moors and Christians had finished their battle by 10am and a small fleet of lorries were removing the tents etc from the beach.
    ..
    Yes national holiday today back to normal tomorrow
    Thanks QFour thanked for this post

  7. #7
    Pauljenny's Avatar
    Pauljenny is offline Retired Exotic Dancer
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

    Member Number
    32024
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,223
    Location
    Halfway up an East Algarve hillside
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    Must admit it was LOUD .. We had two hours of it from 7am to 9am

    Spanish are amazing. We have been for a walk today along the front. Itís some sort of holiday today so all the shops and banks are shut. We have seen one small poster that says about the festival from the 11th to 15th and nothing else. There were life guards on the beach on Monday but now they have all cleared up and gone and they have even turned the water off on the beach but today the beach is packed.

    The Moors and Christians had finished their battle by 10am and a small fleet of lorries were removing the tents etc from the beach.
    ..
    Who won?.. Same result as all those centuries ago ?
    Are you sure that the invaders were play acting.. And not illegal immigrants?
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

  8. #8

    Member Number
    13285
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,737
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    Seen a few of these "Moros y Cristianos" festivals, those Spanish certainly know how to party.

    I just wonder what the "Thought Police" would say over here in the UK if we were to celebrate the defeat of the Muslims.
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.
    Likes trevskoda, peter palance liked this post

  9. #9

    Member Number
    60568
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,056
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post
    Seen a few of these "Moros y Cristianos" festivals, those Spanish certainly know how to party.

    I just wonder what the "Thought Police" would say over here in the UK if we were to celebrate the defeat of the Muslims.
    I'm not aware of any Christian vs Muslim battles that happened on the British Isles? (without talking about stupid fights in cities between two groups of idiots of course - I don't think that is something to 'celebrate' about?).
    I think there are quite a few re-enactments of historical battles within the UK from the past, including between Scots and English in the various Border Wars and I don't think the 'thought police' make anything of it.
    Last edited by wildebus; 12-10-2018 at 15:28.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes John H, alcam liked this post

  10. #10

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,863
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    I'm not aware of any Christian vs Muslim battles that happened on the British Isles? (without talking about stupid fights in cities between two groups of idiots of course - I don't think that is something to 'celebrate' about?).
    I think there are quite a few re-enactments of historical battles within the UK from the past, including between Scots and English in the various Border Wars and I don't think the 'thought police' make anything of it.
    Of course they will itís what they do and take great pleasure in it. They even moaned about a few motor homes flying confederate rebel flags at a show. They take umbrage at anything.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •