Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launderette POIs for Britain

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Rhythm

Launderette POIs for Britain

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Greetings,

I've created a set of POI files for KIS/Revolution outdoor launderettes in Great Britain (I'll be adding NI in the next week). They list all of the outdoor launderettes, like the one in the photo, that I can find (just under a hundred).

I've only included POIs for the limited number of Satnavs the programme I use can compile for, so I apologise if the Satnav you use isn't included. I only use a TomTom, so that's the only one the files have been tested on.

Before using please read the Readme document included in the zip.

Over the next few weeks/months/years I'll be doing something similar for countries in Europe, if I can find the information needed. So if anybody knows the location of them I'd appreciate the information in the form of lat/long or an accurate address, thanks.

I hope people find it useful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SamCaine; 06-12-2018 at 19:19. Reason: Delete original launderette zip file

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    One of my daughters works at a petrol station near Hull (or on the outskirts) they have just had washers and dryers fitted that take up to 18lbs. Would you like details of where this is or you want to stick with the one type?
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes peter palance, SamCaine liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Rhythm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    One of my daughters works at a petrol station near Hull (or on the outskirts) they have just had washers and dryers fitted that take up to 18lbs. Would you like details of where this is or you want to stick with the one type?
    Thanks, I'm pretty sure that one is already in my files. It's ones on continental Europe I'm looking for now

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCaine View Post
    Greetings,

I've created a set of POI files for KIS/Revolution outdoor launderettes in Great Britain (I'll be adding NI in the next week). They list all of the outdoor launderettes, like the one in the photo, that I can find (just under a hundred).

I've only included POIs for the limited number of Satnavs the programme I use can compile for, so I apologise if the Satnav you use isn't included. I only use a TomTom, so that's the only one the files have been tested on.

Over the next few weeks/months/years I'll be doing something similar for countries in Europe, if I can find the information needed. So if anybody knows the location of them I'd appreciate the information in the form of lat/long or an accurate address, thanks.

KIS launderette.jpg

Attachment 68764
    Very useful . Didn't know these places existed . Thank you
    Likes SamCaine liked this post

Member Number
    Well done you!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter 516CSi 4x4 camper
    Thanks, I'm pretty sure that one is already in my files. It's ones on continental Europe I'm looking for now

The canal boat fraternity have a list see here
    Laundrette List – Aylesbury Canal Society
    However there is a charge.

As for Europe we have found a few at Hypermarkets and large sypermarkets such LeCLerk, Intermarche and Super U
    Photome who do the passport photos also provide laverie automatique in many places in France.
    Laverie Revolution Compact - Photomaton
    You can use this site to find a launderette near your location (helps if you know some French!)
    Thanks SamCaine thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    Great idea thx

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Rhythm
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveandann View Post
    The canal boat fraternity have a list see here
    Laundrette List Aylesbury Canal Society
    However there is a charge.

As for Europe we have found a few at Hypermarkets and large sypermarkets such LeCLerk, Intermarche and Super U
    Photome who do the passport photos also provide laverie automatique in many places in France.
    Laverie Revolution Compact - Photomaton
    You can use this site to find a launderette near your location (helps if you know some French!)
    I've just had a look at the French one. That is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you. My schoolboy (failed) French is coming in handy and I've managed to find out where they all are. There are around 100 in the UK, according to that site/map there are 85 in Brittany alone!

Thanks again.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Argos 747-2
    Greetings,

KIS launderette.jpg

Attachment 68764
    I think this is a fantastic idea. To help people who don't have compatible Satnavs, could this idea possibly be added to our official Wildcamping POI's?

The last couple of summers in France & Spain it seemed like these laundrettes were everywhere, until we actually needed to do our laundry, when mysteriously they were nowhere to be found!!

I normally use a SatNav app on my phone called Navmii, but unfortunately I didn't save all the laundrettes we found. However, I have listed the few locations I did manage to save. I hope this helps.

Motorhome Service Point and laundrette
    St Javier, Spain
    37.49.05N 0.49.06W

Laundrette
    Cap d'Agdh, South of France
    43.17.08N 3.30.48E

Laundrette
    Near Troyes, France
    48.40.09N 4.11.28E

Laundrette at Leclerc supermarket
    Pontivy, France
    48.04.06N .56.48W

I also remember there is one at the garage at Lomas de Cabo Roig, Cabo Roig, Spain, and one at the garage in the centre of Hardelot, France.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E435
    All Irish sites
    LOCATIONS - Revolution Laundry
    But cannot find the same page for UK sites!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information