CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Do you know how much you carry in your motorhome?

  1. #21
    Wooie1958's Avatar
    Wooie1958 is offline Full Member
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,362
    Location
    Lancashire.
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    I can understand this if it was tested on the road on a incline, but on a flat garage floor with a rolling road I wouldn’t think it will make any difference as to how heavy it is
    Ok, several years back an MOT tester said it would help if i could lighten the vehicle when presented for MOT as it had only just passed.

    He asked if i could bring it back lighter and he would test the handbrake again " unofficially " which i did.

    It passed quite easily and was several % better so that`s how i now present the vehicle each year and combine it with a good sort out if i can
    Did I mention I`d Won In The £1000 Giveaway
    Likes helen262, Obanboy666 liked this post

  2. #22

    Member Number
    22888
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,344
    Location
    West Lancashire
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    I know how much I carry - way to much.

  3. #23

    Member Number
    23532
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Location
    Oxford
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Back to thread.
    I know I carry lots, such as two tables, one for eating from and the other for cooking on, then a small table for drinks.
    I carry a Cadac, and a two burner hob, cooking wind deflector, geny, three cables of different sizes, two normal size buckets, smaller ones fitted inside, two large sun loungers, sun bed,, lots of tools, jacks with blocks, and a spare gas regulator water pump and a few pipes. Lots more I have forgotten about, but I have everything to be self sufficient and I don't intend chucking anything out.
    Some might say sad, but I am prepared for whatever!

    Oh and extra water containers which we fill when we know we are going away from services!
    Where's the washing machine?
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going.

  4. #24

    Member Number
    35816
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,386
    Motorhome
    Chausson Suite Relax
    We keep evacuation bags in case of an emergency, we would then need a large van to proceed 🤣😂🤣
    One Life Live It

  5. #25

    Member Number
    1494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,648
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Where's the washing machine?
    The two buckets are used for hand washing.
    Kath washes and I wring!
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

  6. #26
    Wooie1958's Avatar
    Wooie1958 is offline Full Member
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,362
    Location
    Lancashire.
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    The two buckets are used for hand washing.
    Kath washes and I wring!

    Does she not mind being wrung by you i hope you`re gentle with her
    Did I mention I`d Won In The £1000 Giveaway
    Likes grath liked this post

  7. #27

    Member Number
    1494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,648
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Back to thread.
    I know I carry lots, such as two tables, one for eating from and the other for cooking on, then a small table for drinks.
    I carry a Cadac, and a two burner hob, cooking wind deflector, geny, three cables of different sizes, two normal size buckets, smaller ones fitted inside, two large sun loungers, sun bed,, lots of tools, jacks with blocks, and a spare gas regulator water pump and a few pipes. Lots more I have forgotten about, but I have everything to be self sufficient and I don't intend chucking anything out.
    Some might say sad, but I am prepared for whatever!

    Oh and extra water containers which we fill when we know we are going away from services!
    I forgot, the spare wheel, electric pump, torque wrench, bar and socket set, box of assorted tools, oil for van and scooter, polish, long and short hose, different water, electric and refillable gas fittings, spare replacement long gas pipe (could be used to replace any we have), scooter protection jackets (heavy and aire through), kevlar jeans, helmets, gloves.
    And all this is before we talk about whats inside the van!
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

  8. #28

    Member Number
    55341
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    24
    Motorhome
    BERTY
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Curious .... Why?
    The wheels will skid on the brake rollers a lot sooner on a lighter vehicle.

  9. #29

    Member Number
    38814
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,701
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    Today we have found a solution for all the stuff we had in the motorhome, we have just bought a bigger van.
    An Autosleeper winchcombe, not the best of timing as we are booked on the tunnel for the 27th and we dont collect the new to us van up until next Saturday

  10. #30
    The laird's Avatar
    The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

    Member Number
    32130
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,002
    Location
    Livingston West Lothian
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    Today we have found a solution for all the stuff we had in the motorhome, we have just bought a bigger van.
    An Autosleeper winchcombe, not the best of timing as we are booked on the tunnel for the 27th and we dont collect the new to us van up until next Saturday
    Well done you guys nice wheels hope you have many happy and safe times in your new vehicle
    Likes helen262 liked this post
    Thanks helen262 thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •