CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caravan and motorhome club

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by shortcircuit View Post
    In the CCC and use their temporary holiday sites, frequently. I plan ahead and use them as a stopover from home to Dover
    We use them a lot nowadays and tend to just wild on our way from one to another. Never use Club Sites but use the odd CS.
    Likes Alf liked this post
    Thanks The laird, peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato
    We recently joined CMC because as has been mentioned that if when wilding your unable to find a suitable place itís a safety net and for us we canít get out of the hot shower just bliss. Also when going to London itís ideal to visit off spring. Yes we had to park as told by the peg!! However the site was quite so we had our pick of a pitch
    Likes ironman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2010 Tribute 550, Fiat Ducato
    We are members of the CMC but hardly ever use their sites, and I think I might ditch them after this year. We never use the big sites - who wants to park in neatly manicured rows of caravans and motorhomes and pay through the nose for the privilege - not me. We have used the CLs a few times but generally find they are pretty boring affairs stuck in some field in the middle of nowhere - much rather wildcamp and then find a cheap site to do the basics with water etc.

I also don't like the fact that they say they cater for motorhomes now but it seems to be in name only unless I have missed something.
    Likes mistericeman liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Unless you feel that you really need to pay to use someones version of what you already drive around with and 'Wild Camping.co.uk' doesn't totally fit the bill (and truthfully, it on occasions doesn't), B*** S***s can often help fill the void. Although in some ways they are the competition, they do have some rather interesting alternatives. We joined the Caravan & Camping club this year, but for various reasons were only able to use one cs, so probably won't renew. But as it always is, 'it's 'orses for courses', and whatever you feel comfortable with---------go for it
    Be the best that you can, without causing pain to others
    Thanks The laird, peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    I'm a member of both, but I use the C&CC more as the THSs are so useful. The cost of nembership varies from £39 for online membershjp of the C&CC to £52 for membership of the CMC. If you join the C&CC quoting the membership number of a current member they get a free gift. I don't know if the CMC has a similar scheme.
    Thanks The laird thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vanless (till March)
    If paying for a site I always thought C&MC sites were top notch re standards and usually well located as long as you can put up with some of the stewards approaches.
    Likes The laird liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

Ccc v cmc

Been a member of both clubs for a few years now both clubs quite expensive now but facilities are top notch cmc probably just a little bit better
    Never had trouble with site staff always found them helpful and polite
    Likes ironman, lozbou liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I'm in both. I prefer the C&MC certicated locations, and there seems to be more of them. Some of their club sites are located right in the town centre, eg York and Bristol, which is good for a sightseeing day or two. The C&CC are perhaps more informal and the old f*rts discount is good, together with the temporary sites.
    Although I enjoy wilding I do occassionally like to get the chairs and bbq out, and have a shower without thinking of having to fill the tank.
    Likes The laird, Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

the caravan club

Quote Originally Posted by The laird View Post
    Thinking on rejoining as weíre not going abroad this year
    Can I get your thoughts and advice on this please
    All advice tips thoughts greatly appreciated
    kicket them to hell some time a go. but the 3 .c. well, used about 10 times last year, but this year, well i have my fingers in the pie all ready, so hope to see you

both,sooner than later,keep smiling,happy new year,pj and pat. xxx

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

oh

Quote Originally Posted by Lodclwyd View Post
    We are members of the CMC but hardly ever use their sites, and I think I might ditch them after this year. We never use the big sites - who wants to park in neatly manicured rows of caravans and motorhomes and pay through the nose for the privilege - not me. We have used the CLs a few times but generally find they are pretty boring affairs stuck in some field in the middle of nowhere - much rather wildcamp and then find a cheap site to do the basics with water etc.

I also don't like the fact that they say they cater for motorhomes now but it seems to be in name only unless I have missed something.
    i found them needy and greedy, not for me, only change the name,to jump on band waggon, some site opperater have there noses in the troff ,or in the air,ps
    cant do with it, best wishes, pj

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information