CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Caravan and motorhome club

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    I'm in both. I prefer the C&MC certicated locations, and there seems to be more of them. Some of their club sites are located right in the town centre, eg York and Bristol, which is good for a sightseeing day or two. The C&CC are perhaps more informal and the old f*rts discount is good, together with the temporary sites.
    Although I enjoy wilding I do occassionally like to get the chairs and bbq out, and have a shower without thinking of having to fill the tank.
    We are also members of both. Have used both for insurance but the C&MC this year as they will give us green cards for E Europe.
    We hardly ever stay on the C&CC CSs as they are nearly always a lot more expensive than the C&MC CLs.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    50 foot Hobby

Pays for itself

Discount on channel crossings.
    Free RSPB entry....saved 12 yesterday.
    Discount at Cotswold Outdoor

Used a CL a couple of times as well.
    Thanks Wooie1958 thanked for this post

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by mossypossy View Post
    Free RSPB entry....saved 12 yesterday.

Thank you

20 years we`ve been members of the CC now CAMC and i never knew that RSPB | The Caravan Club
    Must Get Round To Setting Up A Paypal Donate Button

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggarmac View Post
    I'm a member of both, but I use the C&CC more as the THSs are so useful. The cost of nembership varies from 39 for online membershjp of the C&CC to 52 for membership of the CMC. If you join the C&CC quoting the membership number of a current member they get a free gift. I don't know if the CMC has a similar scheme.
    I joned the C&CC last Christmas and selected the online/Digital option.
    After a wee chat with Biggarmac I realised the "normal" membership for just 6 more where you get send a physical periodical magazine to hold and read through is a much better option for those folk who like paper magazines rather than on-line ones. So I renewed for 2019 with this option instead.
    Not considered seriously joining the C&MH Club as they seem - at least going by the website - rather anti Self-Build Campers and I'd prefer to join something where I would feel welcome rather then endured.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master (Self Built)
    Having been in both, I find the Caravan & Motorhome Club is the best by far as they aren't so over the top luvyduvy with kids.

We never use their club sites and as others have said their CL's are tending to be getting to be very expensive................ However, if you sit and search through their Sites Directory handbook and the attached Location Map you can find literally dozens and dozens of excellent CL's for under 10, in fact, each and every year, as soon as the new edition comes out, I sit down and highlight every single CL I can find that has good reviews (on their website) and at the right price for me, tight git that I am!!

Every single year I plan our various trips using a combination of the CL's so that I can always leave with full water tanks and empty waste tanks, we can then 'wild it' for a couple of nights before then stopping at another CL. Doing it this way our average 1 week trips only average out in total at somewhere around 15 to 20 total site charges per week.
    Likes Liberty hall, Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    Camping and caravanning club for us BUT only use their small 5 pitch sites with limited facilities (don't want or need club houses, swimming pools etc...
    Price is usually less than a tenner on most of the ones we use...

Won't have anything to do with the caravan club or whatever they call themselves these days...
    Far too many rules/regs and Nazi like site stewards involved for my liking.
    its obvious you are not in either of the clubs.
    Likes antiquesam liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    I joned the C&CC last Christmas and selected the online/Digital option.
    After a wee chat with Biggarmac I realised the "normal" membership for just 6 more where you get send a physical periodical magazine to hold and read through is a much better option for those folk who like paper magazines rather than on-line ones. So I renewed for 2019 with this option instead.
    Not considered seriously joining the C&MH Club as they seem - at least going by the website - rather anti Self-Build Campers and I'd prefer to join something where I would feel welcome rather then endured.

In all the 20 years that i`ve been a member of the CC now CAMC i`ve never been on a site that hasn`t had at least one self build on there.

I`ve seen several " vans " turned away despite being members the best one being at the Chapel Lane site near Birmingham a few years back.

It was a battered old transit with just a mattress thrown in the back and one of those all in one canister single ring cookers.

The guy who was a member said they couldn`t stop him but they did and i believe he got his membership refunded.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    Camping and caravanning club for us BUT only use their small 5 pitch sites with limited facilities (don't want or need club houses, swimming pools etc...
    Price is usually less than a tenner on most of the ones we use...

Won't have anything to do with the caravan club or whatever they call themselves these days...
    Far too many rules/regs and Nazi like site stewards involved for my liking.

I can`t recall any of the C&CC sites having club houses or swimming pools
    Likes antiquesam, Obanboy666 liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by lozbou View Post
    its obvious you are not in either of the clubs.
    Cancelled my caravan and motorhome club membership last year after 2 years or so.....

Been a member of the campin and caravanning club for close to ten years now....
    Do you require a picture of my membership card as proof ?

The caravan club are far too regimented and sniffy for my liking and some of the folks they choose as site Commandants would make Goering shudder.
    Never again
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    In all the 20 years that i`ve been a member of the CC now CAMC i`ve never been on a site that hasn`t had at least one self build on there.

I`ve seen several " vans " turned away despite being members the best one being at the Chapel Lane site near Birmingham a few years back.

It was a battered old transit with just a mattress thrown in the back and one of those all in one canister single ring cookers.

The guy who was a member said they couldn`t stop him but they did and i believe he got his membership refunded.
    I am sure there are plenty -but I am not going to have some self-appointed officials looking me over before they deign to decide if they allow me to join their club. As you will be aware, my Camperbus does not look like a typical Campervan and so may not meet their criteria.

Or maybe I'm like Groucho Marx? I wouldn't want to join a club that would have me as a member
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes mistericeman, RoadTrek Boy, alcam liked this post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information