CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Caravan and motorhome club

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    It's fortunate that everyone has the choice of joining or not, but I do protest at the, frankly, bizarre criticisms by people who patently haven't used their facilities for some considerable time. If at all.
    Likes ironman, guerdeval, Obanboy666 liked this post

Member Number
    On the self build camper thing it could be that caravan parks or their insurance provider consider that they could be a fire or explosion risk. How many self builders get certification for gas and 240v electrics? It may be down to the small print in their public liability insurance.

The question is are those who have “acceptable” motorhomes and caravans prepared to pay increased site fees to cover increased caravan park insurance costs to cover those vehicles currently considered a potential hazard to others on the site?

It may actually be totally impossible for the various camping clubs to obtain public liability insurance which includes cover in the case of an incident involving self build vehicles.

I have no problem parking alongside self builds when wild camping as clearly the owner of the vehicle alongside would prefer it not to explode and the owner hopefully has some form of insurance cover in the event of the worst happening. But when it comes to public liability insurance which campsites have to have it it a completely different ball game.
    Last edited by Moped; 01-01-2019 at 13:47.
    Likes Caz, guerdeval liked this post

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    I am sure there are plenty -but I am not going to have some self-appointed officials looking me over before they deign to decide if they allow me to join their club. As you will be aware, my Camperbus does not look like a typical Campervan and so may not meet their criteria.

Or maybe I'm like Groucho Marx? I wouldn't want to join a club that would have me as a member

I`m not casting aspersions against your Camperbus but i do think just a mattress thrown in the back of a van is taking the piss
    Must Get Round To Setting Up A Paypal Donate Button
    Likes Alf, guerdeval liked this post
    Thanks guerdeval thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2012 Globecar Campscout RD, on Fiat 2.3 Multijet 130
    Gordon, as we have previously posted in another thread, we were in both clubs but did not renew with the CAMC last year as too regimented and they refuse to provide use of facilities for small cost without staying overnight; the CCC has this for £7 at some sites. Of course we mainly wild, but it is helpful to unload and fill up somewhere so we use CS (CL when in CAMC).
    Bruce
    No-one's ever really traveled anywhere until they get back home
    Likes jagmanx liked this post
    Thanks The laird thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    On the self build camper thing it could be that caravan parks or their insurance provider consider that they could be a fire or explosion risk. How many self builders get certification for gas and 240v electrics? It may be down to the small print in their public liability insurance.

The question is are those who have “acceptable” motorhomes and caravans prepared to pay increased site fees to cover increased caravan park insurance costs to cover those vehicles currently considered a potential hazard to others on the site?

It may actually be totally impossible for the various camping clubs to obtain public liability insurance which includes cover in the case of an incident involving self build vehicles.

I have no problem parking alongside self builds when wild camping as clearly the owner of the vehicle alongside would prefer it not to explode and the owner hopefully has some form of insurance cover in the event of the worst happening. But when it comes to public liability insurance which campsites have to have it it a completely different ball game.
    That is completely wrong. Their insurance will only cover their liability. If someone brings an unsafe vehicle, the driver (and their compulsory insurance) is liable for any damage, not the campsite.
    No, the reason is simple snobbishness.
    Likes Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I believe the CAMC use the same requirements as the DVLA to classify a van as a motor caravan.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    Cancelled my caravan and motorhome club membership last year after 2 years or so.....

Been a member of the campin and caravanning club for close to ten years now....
    Do you require a picture of my membership card as proof ?

The caravan club are far too regimented and sniffy for my liking and some of the folks they choose as site Commandants would make Goering shudder.
    Never again
    Swithered about joining one of these clubs a few times . I use campsites very occasionally home and abroad .
    The camp commandant complaint is a common one but I can smile politely and go about my business if , for example , the location suits me .
    Hard to know which club is 'best' for a solo traveller with dog ? Would be using club for certain locations [York centre for example] , not really interested being stuck in middle of nowhere with others unless it is somewhere outstanding .
    Any advice appreciated .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    I understand the Motorhome club tends to charge "per unit" based on multiple occupancy but the Camping Club are "per person"?
    no doubt individual sites will vary, but I believe that is a common difference.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Thanks alcam thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I understand the Motorhome club tends to charge "per unit" based on multiple occupancy but the Camping Club are "per person"?
    Both charge per person and a unit charge at Club Sites. The certicated sites are per unit.
    Likes wildebus liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    Not exactly. Both charge per person but CaMC charge a flat pitch fee plus the per person charge whereas C&CC just charge per person. BUT the CaMC pitch fee includes EHU whether you want it or not, whereas you can book a non EHU pitch on a C&CC site or pay extra for a serviced pitch with EHU.

Clear as mud, sorry. An example -

CaMC -
    Site name Chapel Lane Caravan Club Site
    Pitch type Serviced Pitch With Awning
    Arrival date Friday 12 April 2019
    Departure date Sunday 14 April 2019
    Pitch fees for 2 night(s) @ £15.70 per night £31.40
    1 adult for 2 night(s) @ £9.40 per adult per night £18.80
    TOTAL £50.20

C&CC -
    Kingsbury Water Park 12 April 2019 for 2 nights
    Grass Pitch no EHU at 9.50 per night per person - Total Member price: £19.00
    Hardstanding with EHU at 15.05 per person - Total member Price: 30.10

I've always found C&CC cheaper even with EHU, as the above illustrates.
    Likes TeamRienza, wildebus liked this post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information