CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fort William day parking

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I'm not sure that a small charge would deter me from parking in a town. Here in Portsmouth it's £1.80 an hour almost everywhere with a large part of the City with permit parking at £80 a year for the first vehicle. If I'm on holiday I'm not going to quibble to park in the centre rather than miles out in the sticks.
    Likes jagmanx, Alf, alcam, wildcampnewbie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW Caddy maxi
    It seemed that Fort William had parking charges and most of Highland region did not this effects the locals and council staff too after moving to the new office.
    Before you say it, the council leased 3 offices and now use there own building, making a saving.
    Highland council has no money, there have been huge cuts to staff and services, toilets for example etc.
    Inverness seems to fear better with investment than the outer reaches of Highland district.

This will be the future I think, just like the lake district and almost any town in England, you just have to pay something.

Money for tourist infrastructure has to come from somewhere, council or government and tourists should pay something towards it, I pay council tax.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    I would expect any carpark charges to reflect the popularity of the area.
    Somewhere like Fort William tends to be inundated by tourists and the council will try and get something back to pay for services.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    I would expect any carpark charges to reflect the popularity of the area.
    Somewhere like Fort William tends to be inundated by tourists and the council will try and get something back to pay for services.
    Yes high street car park is £2 for 3 hours , free between 1800 and 0800 . Seems reasonable , toilets did have a turnstile but that was disabled . Well worn but decent , clean facilities .
    Off topic but nearby Garrison West restaurant is well worth a visit . Never confident of getting good food in small Scottish towns , think we're getting better

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Itís not worth paying to park in Fort Bill itís for topping up on fuel and provisions then heading somewhere nice. The whole towns a bit shabby and rundown.
    Likes Alf, runnach, Obanboy666 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    Itís not worth paying to park in Fort Bill itís for topping up on fuel and provisions then heading somewhere nice. The whole towns a bit shabby and rundown.
    Cale, cut to the quick, Fort Bill is a dump.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes wildcampnewbie, Obanboy666 liked this post
    Thanks caledonia, wildcampnewbie thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Cale, cut to the quick, Fort Bill is a dump.
    I've only ever stopped in the town twice, first time was in the seventies, we where young and it was something different, last time was about 20 years ago, couldn't wait to drive off.
    Likes Obanboy666 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Good restaurant though

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    2CV

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Good restaurant though
    Donít do restaurants. One good thing has appeared in the town, a Home Bargains store.
    They call it the outdoor capital of Scotland but Aviemore is a far nicer place for the outdoors IMO.
    Likes runnach, Floridaphill liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information