CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort William day parking

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High top van conversion

Fort William day parking

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We always like to stop in Fort William for a few hours in the day when in the area.Normally in winter there is no charge.Last week the car park near the bus station had a charge all year,no vehicles on it at all.We parked on Lidl for free limited parking.This doesn't encourage visitors in any vehicle
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by jann View Post
    We always like to stop in Fort William for a few hours in the day when in the area.Normally in winter there is no charge.Last week the car park near the bus station had a charge all year,no vehicles on it at all.We parked on Lidl for free limited parking.This doesn't encourage visitors in any vehicle
    Time for council to wake up and smell the coffee. Last October saw the closure of one off, the big employer in Fort Bill.

Jobs under threat at Fort William subsea training site - BBC News
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High top van conversion
    That's true in summer, not so in winter

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Nexxo T660
    I always park in Morrisons car park for a while.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

no

best money is, member ship money, for great val-u get the point ,i did ,pj

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Parked there in November and paid , I think , pretty small fee for 2/3 hours .
    Free is better but charge didn't put me off
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    twin wheel transit
    Unfortunately most Councillors are short sighted, I am continually trying to lobby my fellow councillors to see outside the box, but they see parking as a money making scheme without the knock on effect that has. Another thing Im spending time on is public toilets, in the last 10years we have lost over 1,000, we are now down to about 4,300, and the larger councils are making the parish and town councils take over financial responsibility for them. If we are not careful the day will come of having no public toilets, and that would be a public disgrace.
    Thanks Alf, yeoblade, peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay
    Fort william, another place that doesn't want us. We avoid it unless we really need provisions, or want a ride on the Jacobite steam train.
    Don't Spend your money where you're not welcome.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    We too generally pass straight through. If they made it more welcoming in the manner that Hawick for example have wed probably spend some time (and money) there.
    2CV
    Likes brucews liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I'm not sure that a small charge would deter me from parking in a town. Here in Portsmouth it's 1.80 an hour almost everywhere with a large part of the City with permit parking at 80 a year for the first vehicle. If I'm on holiday I'm not going to quibble to park in the centre rather than miles out in the sticks.
    Likes jagmanx, Alf, alcam, wildcampnewbie liked this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information