CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solar panel purchase and deliver address

Member Number
    Motorhome
    5 vehicles in four countries. Hobby in Germany, Airstream Cutter in USA, MCI MH & OKA 4WD in Oz,

Solar panel purchase and deliver address

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We are in Corsica and the sun has fled south just a bit far to harvest any sunshine with our totally inadequate small solar panels.

Heading to southern England on January 23rd and then to R o Ireland and thought UK might br a good place to get a couple of extra panels and an MPPT regulator.

So two questions

Any suggestions for buying some extra panels and regulator as we cross more or less directly from Dovet towards Ireland - either local sellers, or who will deliver.

Second question and a bigger ask - is there any kind member not escaped to sunnier climes living in the south who would be willing to accept a delivery for me and allow us to call in to pick them up on the way past.

Thanks

Tony & Betty
    Tony
    International Grey Nomad - currently Germany, Italy, England and Ireland

Member Number
    What route are you taking to Ireland? If it's Pembroke Rosslare, the route from Dover will take you right past our house in Bristol (5 mins off of the M5/M4 junction.)

There is generally someone around most of the time and if not, as I'm self employed, I can be. You're more than welcome to have them delivered here.

Member Number
    Ebay & Amazon have drop locations where you can pick up items a example nr us is Sainsburys & and Argos stores. You just chose when you order

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    Im out of the country until 26th Jan , you can pm me if you are passing thru Wiltshire .
    A collision is what happens when two motorists go after the same pedestrian.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    5 vehicles in four countries. Hobby in Germany, Airstream Cutter in USA, MCI MH & OKA 4WD in Oz,
    Quote Originally Posted by st3v3 View Post
    What route are you taking to Ireland? If it's Pembroke Rosslare, the route from Dover will take you right past our house in Bristol (5 mins off of the M5/M4 junction.)
    I'd say that Bristol would suit matter which way we choose to go to Ireland. Thanks

If someone further east offers then the earlier I get them the better so I'll sort something out in the next day or two and get in touch. Much appreciated
    Tony

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by rockape View Post
    Im out of the country until 26th Jan , you can pm me if you are passing thru Wiltshire .

Also perfect, and there is a campsite open all year just down the road
    Thanks
    Tony
    Likes rockape liked this post
    Thanks rockape thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Soon!!!
    Aren't wildcampers lovely!!
    Likes POI Admin liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    Another option if you're travelling across the south coast is Bimble Solar near Brighton. You can make an appointment to pick up your order instead of having it delivered by a courier, which can be expensive. I've ordered from them several times in the past and can recommend them highly.

Bimble Solar
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes winks, Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    OK thanks. If nothing else comes of it, my local geography is improving in leaps and bounds.
    BIMBLE look to have what i need so that might work pretty well. Prices are sensible too.

Yes REC, they are!
    Tony

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    I might be paying a visit to Bimble in Lewes myself later in the month... they do a good price on the Victron MPPT I'm looking at.

There's also a place along the coast at Goring by Sea called Sunstore. I'm only about half an hour away from them if there's anything I can do to help.

Sunstore Solar. 12v Solar Panel Kits, Chargers, Batteries & More

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information