CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Outer Hebrides

  1. #1

    Member Number
    5346
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    303

    Outer Hebrides



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Outer Hebrides
    Sometime ago someone gave a good route for touring the Outer Hebrides he mentioned the ferry routes / crossing points, I think the start was Ullapool to Stornoway. I recall it was a favourite tour for him. I have tried the search but nothing comes up. Does anyone have an itinerary for the trip
    I am thinking of 2 weeks in April.
    Likes peter palance liked this post

  2. #2

    Member Number
    44641
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,660
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    When we went many years ago did Uig(Skye) to Harris and came back Lochboisdale to Oban.
    Likes Alf, Brandyman liked this post
    Thanks big tom thanked for this post

  3. #3

    Member Number
    7572
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,716
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Maybe me? We did CalMac HOP8 route, from Oban to Barra, toured all the way in a North direction to Butt of Ness, then down to Stornoway-Ullapool crossing. You can do this the other way around if you wish.

    We wanted to do the whole group of islands in one two week tour, which was adequate.

    Barra, Uist, Harris, Lewis | Hopscotch | CalMac Ferries
    Last edited by runnach; 09-01-2019 at 20:48.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes caledonia liked this post

  4. #4

    Member Number
    5346
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Maybe me? We did CalMac HOP8 route, from Oban to Barra, toured all the way in a North direction to Butt of Ness, then down to Stornoway-Ullapool crossing. You can do this the other way around if you wish.

    We wanted to do the whole group of islands in one two week tour, which was adequate.

    Barra, Uist, Harris, Lewis | Hopscotch | CalMac Ferries
    Thanks Runnach,just what I was looking for.

  5. #5

    Member Number
    60702
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    430
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

    try

    Quote Originally Posted by big tom View Post
    Outer Hebrides
    Sometime ago someone gave a good route for touring the Outer Hebrides he mentioned the ferry routes / crossing points, I think the start was Ullapool to Stornoway. I recall it was a favourite tour for him. I have tried the search but nothing comes up. Does anyone have an itinerary for the trip
    I am thinking of 2 weeks in April.
    gordon, the laird,ok pj
    Thanks big tom thanked for this post

  6. #6
    winks's Avatar
    winks is offline Full Member
    Name: Harold
    Spouse: Roseann

    Member Number
    17121
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,197
    Motorhome
    Hobby 750 (The Behemoth)
    I can recommend this little site for a night or two. It is run by the Kneep Grazing Trust and has the basic amenities needed for a stop and refresh break.

    All at the local Coop shops seem to stock gas if you get stuck, we even bought a bottle refill at Timsgarry (could be) on May Day bank holiday. We also used the Hopscotch ticket from Calmac.

    Google Maps

    Cheers

    H
    Likes Alf liked this post
    Thanks big tom thanked for this post

  7. #7

    Member Number
    7572
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,716
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by big tom View Post
    Thanks Runnach,just what I was looking for.
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by runnach; 10-01-2019 at 11:54.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

  8. #8

    Member Number
    77645
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    199
    If you are meat eaters the "Bakery" which is also the butchers on Benbecula sells the most wonderful meat. Can't remember the name of the town but its on the main road.

    B2
    Thanks big tom thanked for this post

  9. #9

    Member Number
    7572
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,716
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by Borders2 View Post
    If you are meat eaters the "Bakery" which is also the butchers on Benbecula sells the most wonderful meat. Can't remember the name of the town but its on the main road.

    B2
    This is the one, which is near to airport.

    Google Maps
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Thanks big tom thanked for this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •