CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there such a thing ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dont ask !!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    If I remember, I'll acquire a tin of the leak detector spray for you, use it to check for a leak once new thingy is on.
    Thanks Terry ...
    that's good of you

We Just put our name down for drurige bay .. see you there 👍
    Rise free from care before the dawn
    and seek new adventures.....
    Likes runnach liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi77 View Post
    AS I have little sense of smell I use an electronic gas detector to check for leaks, very sensitive as it can sense gas in rubber hoses that have not been used for some time. A gas engineer confirmed they are the way to go
    Yes, they are really good for detecting that there is a leak, and maybe pinning down where it is, but a gas leak spray is cheap and froths where the leak is, so it is easier to locate.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Yes, they are really good for detecting that there is a leak, and maybe pinning down where it is, but a gas leak spray is cheap and froths where the leak is, so it is easier to locate.
    I gave up on 'sniffers' a long time ago....

They are good... Possibly too good as they will detect traces lingering on pipework/hoses/surrounding materials etc
    Away from the actual source of the leak....
    UV dye/and or bubble type sprays are the most reliable and accurate way of leak finding IMHO.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist touring 55
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    I gave up on 'sniffers' a long time ago....

They are good... Possibly too good as they will detect traces lingering on pipework/hoses/surrounding materials etc
    Away from the actual source of the leak....
    UV dye/and or bubble type sprays are the most reliable and accurate way of leak finding IMHO.
    Perhaps if you have been doing work on the system sprays may be effective but for doing a routine check the sniffers win hands down in my opinion. A quick sweep round the gas storage and gas appliances with the sniffer and you know id further investigation is needed.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    We have just had an auto-changeover valve fitted on the cottage cylinders. You leave it set to one cylinder & when that runs out it pulls from the other one but shows a red marker to tell you that tank is empty. Then you swap the tank & switch it to the other tank & wait for the red marker again. That way you only have to check every so often & will know if one tank has run out.
    Last edited by Sharon the Cat; 11-02-2019 at 11:07. Reason: typo
    =^..^=

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi77 View Post
    Perhaps if you have been doing work on the system sprays may be effective but for doing a routine check the sniffers win hands down in my opinion. A quick sweep round the gas storage and gas appliances with the sniffer and you know id further investigation is needed.
    For a routine check, nothing beats a pressure test.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information