CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staying on a campsite, not bad really.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar

Staying on a campsite, not bad really.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We are on a campsite whilst renovations are ongoing to our house and apart from a few forays away we will be on the site for about 12 weeks. We have managed to get a price reduction from 18 to 15 per night. For this we get hook up, private shower/toilet rooms, washing/drying room, great location, lots of footpaths for country walks. We are using an electric fan heater up to 12 hours a day, electric kettle, microwave, electric ring on cooker, lighting, radio/tv/cd player, laptop, charging phones, electric toothbrushes, hair dryer for Izzy.
    Whilst it would be great to have a set up like Admins, we haven't the vehicle that could carry it. My point is, with all the electricity we are using, plus the great facilities and wonderful location, I don't think 15 is bad at all. If my calculations are correct we are using 6 of electricity a day on the fire alone, if we had it on at also, then it would be about 12.

Oh, we haven't blown a fuse yet!
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by rulers as useful.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Yep A good deal

Leccy included so as you post
    The other facilities also
    Almost as good as it gets
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Sell the hoose and stay there, not a bad deal at all.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes trevskoda, FringeDweller liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    If I ever ended up living on my own, there is no way I would keep the house. Fulltiming for me wouldn't necessarily mean moving around constantly, I would use a site as my base, it makes it easy for meds, post etc. House living is so expensive these days with the cost of energy bills, rates, insurance, maintenance, mortgage if you have one and the work involved with the maintenance and garden.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by rulers as useful.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    If I ever ended up living on my own, there is no way I would keep the house. Fulltiming for me wouldn't necessarily mean moving around constantly, I would use a site as my base, it makes it easy for meds, post etc. House living is so expensive these days with the cost of energy bills, rates, insurance, maintenance, mortgage if you have one and the work involved with the maintenance and garden.
    Agreed, lots of increasing costs associated with a home. A year and a wee bit to go, then look at the big sell, then head to Mrs R's in France. Buy a new van there, 2 year between MOT's.

That is of course is if I am still breathing??
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes Nabsim, trevskoda, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail imala715
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    We are on a campsite whilst renovations are ongoing to our house and apart from a few forays away we will be on the site for about 12 weeks. We have managed to get a price reduction from 18 to 15 per night. For this we get hook up, private shower/toilet rooms, washing/drying room, great location, lots of footpaths for country walks. We are using an electric fan heater up to 12 hours a day, electric kettle, microwave, electric ring on cooker, lighting, radio/tv/cd player, laptop, charging phones, electric toothbrushes, hair dryer for Izzy.
    Whilst it would be great to have a set up like Admins, we haven't the vehicle that could carry it. My point is, with all the electricity we are using, plus the great facilities and wonderful location, I don't think 15 is bad at all. If my calculations are correct we are using 6 of electricity a day on the fire alone, if we had it on at also, then it would be about 12.

Oh, we haven't blown a fuse yet!
    Turncoat, you,ll be doing tarmac and facias next.
    A collision is what happens when two motorists go after the same pedestrian.

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    That is a really good deal, Ral.

Also makes it so much easier living apart from the builders mess day-to-day - I know first hand; been there, done that, got the whatever

And it's way cheaper than any other type of temporary accommodation.
    Makes perfect sense to me. Prices like that make living in a van full time and NOT mostly wilding a very good alternative to permanent house dwelling.

Friends of mine who worked for Caravan Club last 13 years or so tell me that outside of the usual holidaymakers there are loads of people doing this, and not all retirees but much younger folk who have to travel long distances for work purposes.

You do have to move off site after 21 days with the caravan club, which is the only downside, but it's certainly not a dealbreaker and it obviously works well for lots of people.
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes izwozral, FringeDweller liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Agreed, lots of increasing costs associated with a home. A year and a wee bit to go, then look at the big sell, then head to Mrs R's in France. Buy a new van there, 2 year between MOT's.

That is of course is if I am still breathing??
    Will you want a permanent walnut picker, Terry?
    Likes runnach liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Will you want a permanent walnut picker, Terry?
    There are two cherry trees too, Marie, would you cope?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    There are two cherry trees too, Marie, would you cope?

Woah! Hang on there that man - sounds like slave labour!

Likes runnach, izwozral liked this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information