CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas fire

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    room sealed appliances designed to be left on when we sleep. so provided it is serviced correctly I don't see a problem

Circumstances are really no different to going out and leaving our central heating on a timer

channa
    No timers on c/heating in the last 40 years channa,thermostats these days and on off 24/7
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    LPG won't last long if he runs his gas fire 24/7 when the vehicle is parked on his drive unoccupied for weeks or months on end. Yes gas is cheaper than running an electric heater, but he'd probably spend more in diesel driving to fill up with LPG every few weeks. If heating is required when the vehicle isn't in use I'd stick a small fan heater on a timer switch to run for half an hour per day. However, if he wants to prevent mildew and damp then ventilation is much more important than heat. I'd open all lockers, prop up seat cushions and open roof vents. Perhaps, instead of a heater, stick a desk fan in there on a timer to get the air circulating once per day. Far better to have a cold, dry van than a warm, moist one.
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i have a 1993 van with a small gas fire and never get condensation - except on the windscreen on a very cold night. when its off road i dont open vents, i dont remove furnishings, i dont leave windows open and the van is fine. i have my fire/vent tested annually and its working at 98% efficiency. recently i have bought a small oil filled radiator for use on hook up. if it aint broke dont fix it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information