CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does wildcamping mean to you.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1989 Fiat

What does wildcamping mean to you.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I fully realize some people are nervous about being alone and out of sight of other vans whilst others have mobility problems and need more facilities, but for me the further away from so called civilization the better,if I can manage a couple of days without seeing any one I feel that I have achieved something.Yes I am a miserable old sod but I come from a long line of miserable old sods and have had 70 plus years of practice.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I'm a part time wilder. I like to overnight in secluded spots in the middle of no where and just set off for a walk with the dog, but I also like getting the bbq and chairs out on a sunny day so enjoy the odd night in a CL. We are away this week to avoid dog hairs on the decorator's paintwork, but it's club sites in February I'm afraid.
    Likes jagmanx, jacquigem, jeanette liked this post

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Very much a part time wilder especially in England where I do the odd night wilding usually on route somewhere then spend most time on C&CC CS sites, Iím on one now near Penrith. When visiting the west coast of Scotland which I do at least 6 times a year itís a different matter. I wild 3/4 nights then visit a site for a night or 2 to replenish water etc.
    When wilding it has to be wild not a laybye or carpark, as far away from civilisation as possible suits me best with great views and peace and quiet.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    For us ending up on a site is a sign of abject failure.

Over the last ten years or so of ownership with he last van that happened twice.

What bemuses us is being somewhere really remote, think the Uists for instance and we go for a walk, return to find another van parked right next to us with a bloody mile of ground to pick from. We have no idea what drives this flocking instinct but we know how we react which is to move off.

For us wild camping is being together with the dogs away from people. After a number of years running a busy hospitality business we prefer to be solitory. But that is us and it suits us and not everyone can cope with themselves: this we acknowledge.

B2
    Likes nicholsong, toasty, Debroos, kenno liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi Delica L300 & L400
    Making sure we are in solitary confinement is why one my first requirements is to have a 4wd camper - as I do now. Especially in Scotland where I live, its easy to find places to go where no-one else will be around, and in all winter conditions.
    Dave.
    (Another miserable sod with years of experience!!)
    Likes Ian and Cath liked this post

dane is offline Hooper drives the van
    Name: Inigo Montoya
    Spouse: Princess Buttercup

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Toyota HiAce
    This.
    van1.jpg
    Aces wild, Aces high, All the aces, Aces 'til you die
    Likes nicholsong, RoadTrek Boy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    All my working career in some shape or form I have been in the People business and all that entails.

Wildcamping is total freedom and not slave to a hotels agenda or a campsites rules and regulations, Solitary places I have found gives me time to contemplate and more important relate to mother nature marvel and ask myself 101 questions...self sufficiency accommodation on board it is a rewarding lifestyle, One which in the foreseeable future isn't possible but once again one day. Nowdays love reading peoples adventures

Channa
    Likes jacquigem, landoboguy, nightman, big tom, REC liked this post

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Presumably you mean off grid cos nobody wild camps really in a motorhome or camper? Very easy to get remote with a bivvy or tent and walking boots.

I think for most wild camping will mean just stopping where they like at any time of the day or night.

Personally I just like the freedom being in the van brings and being able to move at will (usually). I like remote off grid in the van but equally a patch at the side of the road, a car park with a view or a site with some facilities to empty out and recharge

Then again some are just too tight to spend anything so wild camping means everything for free

Just enjoy it, we arenít here that long
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes Adria home, jeanette, guerdeval liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    All my working career in some shape or form I have been in the People business and all that entails.

Wildcamping is total freedom and not slave to a hotels agenda or a campsites rules and regulations, Solitary places I have found gives me time to contemplate and more important relate to mother nature marvel and ask myself 101 questions...self sufficiency accommodation on board it is a rewarding lifestyle, One which in the foreseeable future isn't possible but once again one day. Nowdays love reading peoples adventures

Channa
    80% this 20% sites
    But Yes I feel just the same, get away from the hectic side, re charge and head back stronger
    Yes you can, Yes you can, Yes you can !

Member Number
    "Then again some are just too tight to spend anything so wild camping means everything for free" painting with a rather broad brush there.

Not everyone has loads of dosh to spend willy nilly on bloody expensive camp sites.

B2
    Thanks Debroos thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information