CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie Master View Post
    Are you sure about what you have written Trev.?

Although it is always advisable:- Rule 58 of the Highway Code deals with travelling with pets and states:

“When in a vehicle make sure dogs or other animals are suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you, or themselves, if you stop quickly. A seat belt harness, pet carrier, dog cage or dog guard are ways of restraining animals in cars.”

Although the Highway Code states this, is there actually a law covering this point, I don't think so?

Phil
    The police will pull you here for it if spotted.
    Do try reading all of it as regards danger driving,thats how they enforce it.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    All the law says is that it must be restrained,most folk here use a guard in est cars or l/rovers,i have seen nutters with dogs hanging out windows in front seats but there taking a chance with there license & insurance should they have a acc.
    All it takes is a simple eye hook bolted through the floor with a spreader plate under it,the type used on t/bars will be the job,cost little.
    We have a harness for the car trev clipped into the seat belt but we only have the two front seats in the van,so we’re going to have to sort something out,we have a cage we can put her in and she’s comfortable inside it but we would like her to be out but at the same time safely restrained in the van,
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanette View Post
    We have a harness for the car trev clipped into the seat belt but we only have the two front seats in the van,so we’re going to have to sort something out,we have a cage we can put her in and she’s comfortable inside it but we would like her to be out but at the same time safely restrained in the van,
    Good idea,the bit that i always think about is the dog going out the wind shield or breaking someones neck in a crash,remember any loose items including spare wheels jacks, tools, s/pans, m/wave etc not bolted down is a missile.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    My little dog sits on the front seat attached to the seatbelt. If there is anyone sitting on the seat she sits on their knee attached to the seat belt they are using.
    Likes Sharon the Cat, trevskoda, Andy75 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Here are the regs
    Suitably restrained is a bit different from your must be in a crate Trev.

We only have seat belts in the front but haven't travelled with Sparky in this van yet. As a minimum if we do not have something sorted he would sit on my lap with a harness secured to my seat belt. I wouldn't carry a dog without something to stop them hitting the windscreen/furniture/passengers etc. at 30mph+.
    =^..^=
    Likes trevskoda, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon the Cat View Post
    Suitably restrained is a bit different from your must be in a crate Trev.

We only have seat belts in the front but haven't travelled with Sparky in this van yet. As a minimum if we do not have something sorted he would sit on my lap with a harness secured to my seat belt. I wouldn't carry a dog without something to stop them hitting the windscreen/furniture/passengers etc. at 30mph+.
    I have a cat box for taking mine to the VET,now i hear a billy conolly song in my head.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    We haven’t travelled with ours in this van and she’s slightly to big and heavy to sit on my knees and she’s not very comfortable even though she doesn’t look very big or heavy 83D3B6C1-2D0F-4BBA-9CB1-CBD7919022D2.jpg
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    292653E5-662B-4A9E-BE58-A2C0870A5EA7.jpg trev this is the front of our van and as you can see it’s only got two travelling seats

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI mizar
    I'm with others on this,
    There is no law in the UK stating dogs or pets must be restrained in a vehicle.
    There is however laws in other eu countries stating they must be in cages or belts.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    I'm lucky. As soon as the engine starts mine goes behind the drivers seat and doesn't come out till the engine stops.
    Likes jeanette, Alf liked this post

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information