CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    My dog liked to travel standing up between the front seats, sniffing the air out of the dashboard vent and looking out through the windscreen. If he got bored of that, there was a padded rug between the seats that he could lie down on, and a cot mattress under the table he could go to bed on.

He never travelled sitting: only standing up or lying down. He never explained why.

He was "suitably restrained": he would not go anywhere in the way of the driver because he knew he wasn't allowed to.
    Likes Alf, jeanette liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    I'm lucky. As soon as the engine starts mine goes behind the drivers seat and doesn't come out till the engine stops.
    Likes jeanette, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    My dog liked to travel standing up between the front seats, sniffing the air out of the dashboard vent and looking out through the windscreen. If he got bored of that, there was a padded rug between the seats that he could lie down on, and a cot mattress under the table he could go to bed on.

He never travelled sitting: only standing up or lying down. He never explained why.

He was "suitably restrained": he would not go anywhere in the way of the driver because he knew he wasn't allowed to.
    So in the event of a crash what happens to fido.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    I'm lucky. As soon as the engine starts mine goes behind the drivers seat and doesn't come out till the engine stops.
    Weíre hoping ours is similar Sue because thatís what she does in the car she just lies down and sleeps until we stop! But for the van if we canít find anything suitable she will have to lie in between the seats I think,because there is nowhere else for her to sit/sleep
    Likes Alf, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    He hits the dash I expect Trev, same with my dog Eric and the same with me since I rarely wear a seatbelt unless I see plod around. He's been to 33 countries and has always travelled untethered, either on the missus' lap or more recently on our lad's adventure, on his cushion on the passenger seat. I drive the MH like an old woman and if we end up in a crash it will with any luck be a low velocity one!
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes Andy75 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    It amazes me that you dare to admit this on line it is so obvious you have no respect for other road uses, worse still any passengers or family that may travel with you.

Alf

Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post
    He hits the dash I expect Trev, same with my dog Eric and the same with me since I rarely wear a seatbelt unless I see plod around. He's been to 33 countries and has always travelled untethered, either on the missus' lap or more recently on our lad's adventure, on his cushion on the passenger seat. I drive the MH like an old woman and if we end up in a crash it will with any luck be a low velocity one!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    It amazes me that you dare to admit this on line it is so obvious you have no respect for other road uses, worse still any passengers or family that may travel with you.

Alf
    Be amazed Alf. Life is full of risks. I'm far more concerned about the risk of him being attacked by another dog while out walking than I am about him being hurt in an accident. What exactly is the risk to passengers and family?
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes hairydog, Andy75 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    He died of cancer aged almost eleven.
    I have been driving for half a century, driving over 40,000 miles per year for well over a decade. I have not yet had an accident sufficient to even bruise a hamster. Not saying it can't happen, but I am saying it is not a major concern.
    Likes Andy75 liked this post
    Thanks shaunr68 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Anyone concerned about a pet being injured in an accident will NOT restrain a dog by its collar: in a crash they'll be strangled or have their neck broken.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    Nothing to do with your dog the fact you say you don't wear a seat belt gives to me away your attitude to your driving

Alf

Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post
    Be amazed Alf. Life is full of risks. I'm far more concerned about the risk of him being attacked by another dog while out walking than I am about him being hurt in an accident. What exactly is the risk to passengers and family?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information