CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I guess it is a matter of calculated risks and rewards.

Not sure how not putting on a seatbelt improves your enjoyment of driving?
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes Alf liked this post
    Thanks shaunr68 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post
    Well fairy nuff fellas, I should have expected a lecture

I do hope that none of you smoke, drink too much, have an unhealthy diet, ride a bike motorised or otherwise, or participate in dangerous sports
    I was going to say none of my motorbikes have seat belts or air bags,but then again most folk i know have always been brought of by half blind numties in cars.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Alf, Andy75 liked this post
    Thanks shaunr68 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    I was going to say none of my motorbikes have seat belts or air bags,but then again most folk i know have always been brought of by half blind numties in cars.
    Last time I was brought off my motorbike was due to the numbtie that was holding the handlebars
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes Alf, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia I650ED
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    I guess it is a matter of calculated risks and rewards.

Not sure how not putting on a seatbelt improves your enjoyment of driving?
    It's laziness to be honest. I'll take the rap on the knuckles like a man and I'm touched that you lot all clearly care so much so I'll endeavour to follow Mr Saville's advice more often in future
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes trevskoda, wildebus liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance
    I would advise you check your insurance policy as some have a clause for unrestrained pets and it may void your insurance if in an accident,
    Likes Alf, jeanette, trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks jeanette thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    I would advise you check your insurance policy as some have a clause for unrestrained pets and it may void your insurance if in an accident,
    We would rather find a way to use her harness or something else to restrain her other than a cage but if she has to sit in between the seats weíll have to see how she gets on,(donít really want to do that) and we never thought about the insurance if sheís unrestrained
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    Well we've just moved Percy II down to the local mill as we have tree surgeons coming today. Sparky came with us as it was only 300m down a country lane at 6:30am. We could see that between the front seats will be an ideal spot for him if we can rig up something to clip his harness to.

Our base vehicle is a 16 plate Peugeot Boxer so the gear shift is well out of the way on the dash & the handbrake is to the right of the driver's eat. How do we stand with the law & MOT regs if we were to attach a strap across from both seatbelt stalks & clip his harness onto that? Would we be better placed to try & attach it to both seat bases? I'm being a bit vague here as it was pitch dark & early & Phill had to get off to work so we didn't look at it in detail.
    =^..^=

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Gazelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon the Cat View Post
    Well we've just moved Percy II down to the local mill as we have tree surgeons coming today. Sparky came with us as it was only 300m down a country lane at 6:30am. We could see that between the front seats will be an ideal spot for him if we can rig up something to clip his harness to.

Our base vehicle is a 16 plate Peugeot Boxer so the gear shift is well out of the way on the dash & the handbrake is to the right of the driver's eat. How do we stand with the law & MOT regs if we were to attach a strap across from both seatbelt stalks & clip his harness onto that? Would we be better placed to try & attach it to both seat bases? I'm being a bit vague here as it was pitch dark & early & Phill had to get off to work so we didn't look at it in detail.
    Sharon we had thought about that and we still havenít got round to looking at it in more detail,because to be honest thatís the only thing we could do for misty to be safe and harnessed. I would like to see if anyone can help with that!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Remove left & right seat belt clip mounting bracket,then get a bit of steel drilled to also bolt there with a extra hole in it for the dog harness,make sure he cannot get to or under the pedals and all should be well.
    Or if a seat base mounting leg has access then something round that will do fine.
    Last edited by trevskoda; 13-02-2019 at 19:12.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Remove left & right seatbelt clip mounting bracket,then get a bit of steel drilled to also bolt there with a extra hole in it for the dog harness,makesure he cannot get to or under the pedals and all should be well.
    Orif a seat base mounting leg has access then something round that will do fine.
    Thanks Trev. I'll show this to him who drills things when he gets home. We need to be careful that anything we do won't affect the seatbelts for safety/MOT issues.
    With a harness one he will be well away from the pedals & unusually this dog seems to prefer to be on the floor.
    The seat moves forward & back & swivels so I don't think there would be anywhere to attach anything to the base.
    =^..^=
    Likes jeanette, trevskoda liked this post

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information