CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parking for the Alhambra palace Granada

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by shortcircuit View Post
    We have visited the Palace once and due to the parking charges did not stay overnight. At that time the queue for the Palace was horrendous, so just did the gardens. If you can book on line before you visit it will save a lot of time
    Are dogs (on lead of course) allowed in the gardens? I can't leave the pooch so if not I'm restricted to looking at the place from the outside.

I visited the Chateau de Chenonceau a few months ago and was really pleased to see that the entire place is dog friendly. Not only are dogs allowed in the grounds, but you can also take them inside the chateau itself - provided that you carry the dog in your arms or in a carrier. Thankfully Eric is a mini poodle not a St Bernard!
    https://woollyramblers.wordpress.com/
    https://woollywanderers.wordpress.com/
    Likes Mobilvetta liked this post

Member Number
    Fortunately I do not have a dog, but again a simple google Rules to visit the Alhambra

"No pets allowed except guide dogs to assist the disabled."
    Last edited by shortcircuit; 10-02-2019 at 18:46.
    Likes Mobilvetta liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis Autoquest...we love it �&#

Palace

We have visited the Palace once and due to the parking charges did not stay overnight. At that time the queue for the Palace was horrendous, so just did the gardens. If you can book on line before you visit it will save a lot of time
    Not missing a great deal in the palace we thought.....a few fancy ceilings...certainly not worth the queuing though we were lucky only 10 mins !! There's better to see elsewhere....Maja
    Likes shortcircuit, jacquigem liked this post
    Thanks Mobilvetta thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome

Site

Quote Originally Posted by iampatman View Post
    Beas de Granada 37.224694, -3.488561 is a pleasant campsite just outside Granada with a good restaurant and views of the sierras. The staff will book your tickets for the Alhambra and the bus stops just outside. The bus ride into Granada is superb as the city unfolds when you drop down into it. We’ve stopped there a couple of times and can highly recommend it. The palace is fantastic too.

Pat
    Yes, we have just left this site....fabulous views and peacefully quiet. The restaurant is vastly overpriced however we thought..as is the site itself..20 euro. If you brave the hill down into the village there is a fab restaurant a quarter of the price...with the most delightful garden terrace !! (The rest of village very bland) However, the walk back up the hill is for the fit only !! Oh, the other acsi site "Camping Suspiro" is much cheaper with fast wifi 1 euro 24hrs....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by maja07 View Post
    Not missing a great deal in the palace we thought.....a few fancy ceilings...certainly not worth the queuing though we were lucky only 10 mins !! There's better to see elsewhere....Maja
    You really need a guide to get the most out of the Alhambra. We did a guided tour of Southern Spain last year and felt that this was the icing on the cake. We visited Granada 40 years before that and stayed in the Parador in the grounds and ate dinner to the London Philamonic playing in the grounds, so perhaps that has influenced my opinion. The cost for one night costs Euro 385 nowadays.

Member Number
    Motorhome

Tour

Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    You really need a guide to get the most out of the Alhambra. We did a guided tour of Southern Spain last year and felt that this was the icing on the cake. We visited Granada 40 years before that and stayed in the Parador in the grounds and ate dinner to the London Philamonic playing in the grounds, so perhaps that has influenced my opinion. The cost for one night costs Euro 385 nowadays.
    Yeah, maybe...have done several walking tours elsewhere which show more than you find yourself. We enjoyed the monasteries nearby more than the Alhambra itself...not that impressed with the gardens either...Maja

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mobilvetta kea P65

Parking at Alhambra Palace.

Thank you everyone for your input, we have decided to stay at Las Lomas
    Camping site at Guejar Sierra Wednesday morning, they have said we can check in at 8.30 am, it's an ACSI site so it only costs €20 and we will be able to empty our chemical toilet and grey waste and top up with water for our journey to either Almeira or Murcia, have quite decided which one to choose yet, appreciate any input on this choice.

There is a bus goes from the camp site stopping at Granada and the Alhambra that costs €1.80 each. We have had to book at guided tour that cost nearly €80 as the regular tickets priced at €14 each were sold out for our dates and we would need to wait until nearly the end of February to buy these tickets, sickening as I hate paying over the odds, it seems that a lot of tickets are sold to these tour agents.

We are presently parked on the Mountain of Sierra Nevada, there is no longer any electric hookups unfortunately, we are staying at the upper carpark called Los Penones along with several other motorhomes. There are toilets less than 50 metres away and also a ski lift and a cafe. Fantastic spot and views, it is currently 4° outside but we are lovely and cosy in the motorhome though. I will post a video on motorhomer as not sure how to post one on wild camping. Oh and best of all it seems to be free, there is a shuttle bus that also runs down into the main ski resort of Pradollano, it cost €1.90 or you can buy 5 tickets to use or €5 for 5 days travel.
    Last edited by Mobilvetta; 10-02-2019 at 19:46.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    Fortunately I do not have a dog, but again a simple google Rules to visit the Alhambra

Ah well their loss. I'll have a nosey from the outside and spend my money elsewhere.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista

By the way I'm perfectly capable of googling but please don't be so pretentious about it. If you are unhappy about answering a simple question, don't!

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunr68 View Post
    By the way I'm perfectly capable of googling but please don't be so pretentious about it. If you are unhappy about answering a simple question, don't!
    Another quick Google So " churlish "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information