CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parking for the Alhambra palace Granada

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mobilvetta kea P65

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Can't believe it just had an email today cancelling our tour of Alhambra palace, they are now asking if we can swap to a date next week that I have told them not possible. They have said they will refund me if this isn't convenient, so hopefully that should go without an hitch. So we will have to spend the day looking round Granada as I have booked into a campsite, has anyone got any suggestions of things we should go to see.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Visit the cathedral and take the hop on hop off road train. It stops on a hill overlooking the Alhambra making for good photos. I don't know your age, but a good discount is available for the older generation.
    Thanks shaunr68, Mobilvetta thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis Autoquest...we love it �&#

Monastery

I would agree with the above...there's a couple of monasteries along the road train route that we thought worth a visit as well..... Maja
    Thanks Mobilvetta thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mobilvetta kea P65
    Thanks for the tip about the ACSI site in Bea's De Granada, we opted to stay here and they got us tickets for the Alhambra Palace for 32, a bit different from the 70 we had been charged for a guided tour, which they cancelled on us, at least they have refunded us, so with the change it pays for this campsite for a couple of nights.
    Likes jacquigem, shortcircuit, iampatman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Converted Citroen relay mwb
    Missed this post earlier! If you are still staying Granada a guided walk from tourist place was fascinating.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mobilvetta kea P65
    Quote Originally Posted by maja07 View Post
    Yes, we have just left this site....fabulous views and peacefully quiet. The restaurant is vastly overpriced however we thought..as is the site itself..20 euro. If you brave the hill down into the village there is a fab restaurant a quarter of the price...with the most delightful garden terrace !! (The rest of village very bland) However, the walk back up the hill is for the fit only !! Oh, the other acsi site "Camping Suspiro" is much cheaper with fast wifi 1 euro 24hrs....
    Can you remember the name of the restaurant, we fancy giving it a try tomorrow.

Member Number
    Motorhome

Restaurant

Hi Mobil,

Ok, can't remember the name of the restaurant...you walk down the (steep) hill into town and it is on the left a couple of hundred yards or so when you are back on the level. As I said delightful terrace garden and the only decent place down there. It shows up on Google maps or maps.me....I will find its name in a mo...
    La pradera......
    Last edited by maja07; 15-02-2019 at 15:52.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mobilvetta kea P65
    Hi Mobil,

Ok, can't remember the name of the restaurant...you walk down the (steep) hill into town and it is on the left a couple of hundred yards or so when you are back on the level. As I said delightful terrace garden and the only decent place down there. It shows up on Google maps or maps.me....I will find its name in a mo...
    La pradera......
    I think we ate there today, did it have loads of birds in cages on the terrace, the menu del Dia was fabulous, with two beers each it came to €24 for the two of us.

Member Number
    Motorhome

Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Mobilvetta View Post
    I think we ate there today, did it have loads of birds in cages on the terrace, the menu del Dia was fabulous, with two beers each it came to 24 for the two of us.
    Yep, that's the one ☝️ we had the del dia (lamb) and two beers as well !! Great value, great food in lovely garden. Where are you going to next ? Maja

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mobilvetta kea P65
    Yep, that's the one ☝️ we had the del dia (lamb) and two beers as well !! Great value, great food in lovely garden. Where are you going to next ? Maja
    Thanks for the tip, it was fabulous food, it's supposed to be warm and cloudy today, so we thought we will head to the coast to Mazorran, a friend told us about it, it's by the beach and has great Rock formations, from there we will slowly work our way up to Valencia. Were hoping to find a nice place to stay for a week and chill out if the weather is good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information